Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Tim A

Adventurer
Here's my humble (so far) build. Got big plans for her, just lack the money haha. Testing out the CBI bolt-on sliders.

1159877356_b2MNT-O.jpg

1159877286_LNrVw-O.jpg

farrdg

Tim A,

Nicely Done! Really like the Bronze color. Could you post the info on the size of those AR Mojave's (Backspace width) that your using. Those are the same wheels I've been contemplating and wondered if you had a reason for 17" vs 16". They look great, how is the power with that size tire?

Last edited:

Tim A

Adventurer
Tim A,

Nicely Done! Really like the Bronze color. Could you post the info on the size of those AR Mojave's (Backspace width) that your using. Those are the same wheels I've been contemplating and wondered if you had a reason for 17" vs 16". They look great, how is the power with that size tire?

Thank you. The wheels are 17x8, 4.5" backspace, 0 offset. I had read about a couple folks whose 16" Mojaves were rubbing the brake caliper. I didnt want to mess with grinding the caliper, so I opted for 17".

I lost about one mpg coming from 265/70R17s. No doubt due to the larger diameter. The power is still there, I just have to press down harder to get it...I will re-gear one day, and throw a locker in the rear while I'm at it.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Tim A nice clean set up.
Whats the average price for a hilift? Amazon has them for about 70 right now, really hard not to pull the trigger on it.

Tim A

Adventurer
Tim A nice clean set up.
Whats the average price for a hilift? Amazon has them for about 70 right now, really hard not to pull the trigger on it.

Thanks, I got mine from Sierra Expeditions. Had to take advantage of their free shipping!

01greentaco, can I get a close up of your antenna mount?

01greentaco

tell me that's not a schedule 40 PVC roof-rack painted black and if it is does it actually work?:coffeedrink:

Good eye. It is in fact a schedule 40 PVC rack. When you're a poor college kid on a budget, you make use with what you can. It works well for my needs which are simply hauling a few bags and a tent and occasionally a cooler or two. I do plan on upgrading to either aluminum or something else more sturdy in the near future but first I have to finish up this semester and then I'll hit it hard this summer with some more upgrades.

TacoPescado

Here's my humble (so far) build. Got big plans for her, just lack the money haha. Testing out the CBI bolt-on sliders.

1159877356_b2MNT-O.jpg

1159877286_LNrVw-O.jpg

Got any front/ rear shots with those tires on the rig? I'm about to move to the same size on my atx chambers (basically the same as your Mojaves) and would like to see how the stance is...

Tim A

Adventurer
Got any front/ rear shots with those tires on the rig? I'm about to move to the same size on my atx chambers (basically the same as your Mojaves) and would like to see how the stance is...

Sure I'll get you some this evening. They don't look as "awesome" as 285s but I don't really care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles