Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Yeah, it is a cool shot for sure!

IMG_0444.jpg

Thats the only one i could find of mind. Camping in Mexico. :sombrero:

Looks like the three Cylon Musketeers to me! :coffeedrink:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Nice find, Box Rocket!

XC, What happened!!!!!!?

DUI @ 70mph (combined speed 130+) flipped 3 times and slid 240' on the roof. The last picture had a roof but we cut it off before I could snap a pic. Bothe my brother (driver) and occupant lived (gf at the time). The DUI was an illegal that never was found a week after the accident.

A

juicebox

Adventurer
Just picked this up today. Looking forward to a mild build and just having fun with it.

I think alot of people plan "mild builds"...then keep "mild building".

Did you get rid of that Evo you had to get the Tacoma?

Nice find, that's really clean. My friend has been looking for a d-cab just like that for about 9 months. Seriously.

Stealth 4x4

Adventurer
So true. The wife and I bought our D-cab new and we plan on driving it until the thing disintegrates. Getting pretty close to the end of my own "mild build" with this truck. I've got it to where it'll handle the expo trips with good highway manners and still do some decent rock crawling. These D-cabs are an awesome platform, no doubt. I've been amazed at the obstacles it's gone over for an IFS truck on 33s.

Feel free to check out my build thread on TTORA for details.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481

Keep us posted on the build! :smiley_drive:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
So true. The wife and I bought our D-cab new and we plan on driving it until the thing disintegrates. Getting pretty close to the end of my own "mild build" with this truck. I've got it to where it'll handle the expo trips with good highway manners and still do some decent rock crawling. These D-cabs are an awesome platform, no doubt. I've been amazed at the obstacles it's gone over for an IFS truck on 33s.

Feel free to check out my build thread on TTORA for details.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481

Keep us posted on the build! :smiley_drive:

So much for mild build! Nice rig Stealth!

Aaron

Stealth 4x4

Adventurer
Hahaha. Thanks. I guess its all relative. Considering almost all of the local guys in my home club are running solid front axle Tacos, runners or pickups on 37-40 inch tires with lots of exo/tube work, my little IFS rig on 33's and factory LCA/UCA's seems pretty mild to me. Most of the runs out here I can't even go on because my build is too small.

But for a combination of comfortable hwy/ExPo style trips and some weekend rock crawling thrown in too, its just about perfect for me. This rig has been all over Mexico and the U.S. Next up, Canada and AK! There's always more that could be done though. So I won't be surprised if I find some other mods to add to the truck this year. :smiley_drive: Keep an eye out for my truck in 4WDTOwner. They should be doing an article on the All-Pro Toyota IFS Challenge event at Johnson valley I ran a few months ago, and it might make it into the mag.

Now who's got an expo trip planned for 2010 going from the southwest U.S. to AK and back? :1888fbbd: The wife and I should have some free time in June, after the Moab trip.

Box Rocket

I think alot of people plan "mild builds"...then keep "mild building".

Did you get rid of that Evo you had to get the Tacoma?

Nice find, that's really clean. My friend has been looking for a d-cab just like that for about 9 months. Seriously.

We'll see what happens with the build. I've had more hardcore rigs in the past and my current Land Cruiser can handle quite a bit so there's no need to go crazy with this one. I've also got a pile of parts for another FJ40 project at some point. That will be the rockcrawler. My 80 is our family wheeler/expo rig. The Taco will be the daily driver and wheler/expo rig when I don't have the whole family with me.

Here's my old FJ40 that made the cover of 4WDTO that I don't consider a "mild build". So when I say "mild" for this Tacoma, I'm not headed for this.
JA08cover.jpg

Yes I sold the Evo back in November but I've been looking for a Tacoma long before that. Probably been on an active search for the right one for that past year. This one showed up locally and was in great condition for a great price, with low miles for an '03 so I grabbed it.

02tacotoy

Adventurer
DUI @ 70mph (combined speed 130+) flipped 3 times and slid 240' on the roof. The last picture had a roof but we cut it off before I could snap a pic. Bothe my brother (driver) and occupant lived (gf at the time). The DUI was an illegal that never was found a week after the accident.

A

Everybody made a full recovery right?

Whats your brother driving now?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Dads new to him Rig, 2006 DC TRD Sport. 315 BFG KM, 3"BL 2"SL ummmmm soon to get sliders and possible BL removal to make entry and exit a bit easier.
1d3412bc.jpg

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94