Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Stealth 4x4

Adventurer
Looking good. If you decide you want to, you can relocate the rear axle forward to center the tires in the rear wheel wells when they stuff very cheaply. Look up axle relocation plates... 4crawler makes them for about $40/pair.

Adventurer
I like the axle location, the fender has to go.... :sombrero:
I'm going to trim it like Teja's taco. It's all part of the epic bumper build.. LOL.

RU55ELL... I hear ya! I'll get-er done.

RU55ELL

Explorer
Post pics up when you get it on there. A bunch of these guys that aren't on TTORA will be drooling over it for sure.

corax

Explorer
Didn't get nearly as much of the white stuff as I wanted, but at least I got to see how the KM2s handle at street pressure. Overall, I'm not disappointed. I can break 'em loose on asphalt, so driving on hard-pack required a light touch on the throttle. I could get a little deeper into it on loose snow and when the rear started to swing wide it was somewhat predictable and easy to control (counter steer through it or just lift a bit and pull the short stick). I left the hubs locked, but only used 4wd to pull the front end around on turns (otherwise it would push on some turns)
100_5394.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
diff being repaired right now, not exactly happy about it

_MG_1076.jpg

If it makes you feel better, I just got back from the dealership replacing my e-locker @ $495. I asked for the old one back but the service writer told me he was sending it in to see if Toyota would warranty it (I got 58k on the truck). It was warped or something. He said if they don't warranty it, they will send it back to me. There is a place that will rebuild them for a lot less than a new one. Either way, the writer does a good job by me.

So, Mr. Leary and I had a little fun this evening. Mike got some new $**** tires......... Well they dont look that Expo style you're accustomed to, but they look nice, the tires look great!
But before I show his truck, we also swapped his old wheels and tires (his spare set) onto my truck... just to see.
before 31x10.50x15- actual measurement closer to 29.
IMG_1348.jpg

After: 31.25 x 16
IMG_1363.jpg

Now for Mr. Leary's:
Precision trimming and hammering with a BFH
IMG_1345.jpg

Now for a test!
IMG_1357.jpg

Yes. It can go up Fudge Mountain....
IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

We also did a stuff test:
Yep, fits in the back....
IMG_1358.jpg

And that precise trimming and hammering led to adequate clearance for up front, a "PERFECT!" tire size.
IMG_1360.jpg

Nothing was really accomplished tonight, besides a bit of beer drinking, metal bending and rut making!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier