Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

LawBlazer

2009 TRD Offroad Dbl Cab
IMGP2504.jpg

dodecagon2000

Adventurer
here's a before pic, i'm putting on my new rear bumper this weekend and some other new goodies to. i'll post them up soon

Attachments

• IMG_9360.JPG
    IMG_9360.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 141

lagej

Here is a pic of my 04 this week just after doing Black Bear Pass.

Attachments

• DSCN4243.JPG
    DSCN4243.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 261

mr.trd

Adventurer
Very Very nice Freeze! And tell Tent to watch our website......we now have a offering for a FJC rear..... Have you seen Colin's?

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
The '86 that I bought for my kids to drive:

1986 Hilux 4x4 Extra cab, 22R-TE, Fully loaded, PW, PDL, Air, Rear Defrost, Cruise, Tilt, Automatic, Moon Roof, Fully documented.

86Hilux001.jpg

86Hilux002.jpg

86Hilux003.jpg

86Hilux004.jpg

86Hilux005.jpg

86Hilux006.jpg

86Hilux007.jpg

86Hilux008.jpg

Dave

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Way cool MoGas, that's one purdy truck your kids are going to get there. It looks SUPER clean inside, has it been sitting in some oldman/lady's garage for awhile or what that's pretty rare to find an X-Cab Turbo in that shape eh. Only problem for the kids now is... They now have no excuse not to go to school on "snow-days" :D

Here's mine on one of the few little jaunts I got out on before the surgery.
DSCN2630.jpg

DSCN2649.jpg

DSCN2646.jpg

Oh what FLEX!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA she's no ramp challenger but honetly it flex's alot better out on the trail when there's weight actualy being put on it and side-loads etc. I'm really impressed with these OME Dakar springs. My overall goal was to replace any parts with superior units if possible or with genuine Toyota parts. With the OME suspension I definatly met that criteria.
DSCN2638.jpg

DSCN2626.jpg

I still need to:
-Find that leprechaun's Pot-O-Gold so I can throw a 1KZ-T/R151 under the hood :D
-Re-gear to 4.88's
-Traction aids F/R -thinking Toyota factory Supra and Celica LSD's would be cool but I may just go full E-Locker in the rear with a 7.5 Celica LSD up front left alone(as in no aditional clutch packs or other mods)
-I am still going back and forth between the ARB adn a Badlands Bumper. The badlands would match my Rear Marlin, but I've always loved 1st Gen 4Runners with a nice ARB Bull Bar. not to mention I can persoanly say that an ARB has saved my life in Australia during an animal strike so...
-Then it's on to the interior: I think I'm going to find a second Top I see this truck like hte Pacific Ranger or the XV-JP with it's factory pass through of sorts making for a GREAT compact pop-up wheeler that will go nearly anywhere but the hardest of crawler trails. FO course that all might get scrapped if I just decide to go get myself this nice FJ60 sitting in my neighborhood not being used... Then this truck will become a Trail-toy and possibly even get an 84-85 frame and SFA swap on some 34x10.50done to it to keep it a sleeper crawler

Sorry to steal someone else's pics but I love your idea of this exterior rack like a Defender. I flat out love this and have really thought about doing something similar.
121084858-M.jpg

121084958-L.jpg

As I said in another thread I litteraly LOVE driving this truck. I like how UN-improved the interior is, I like it;s truckish ride... everything, I just love to drive it and shift through the gears imagining I was out on property in Australia, actually WISHING I was back there. But unfortunatly this neck surgery i had to have is goping to take a big hit on my expendable play-income even thought I have great health insurance... LAME. o well, she's nearly there and in this form completely liveable for 2 people over 3-4 weeks easily (with the exception of fuel capacity). She's real comfy for me anyway and I don't get tired even after many hours in the saddle.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
The '86 that I bought for my kids to drive:

1986 Hilux 4x4 Extra cab, 22R-TE, Fully loaded, PW, PDL, Air, Rear Defrost, Cruise, Tilt, Automatic, Moon Roof, Fully documented.

86Hilux001.jpg

86Hilux002.jpg

86Hilux003.jpg

86Hilux004.jpg

86Hilux005.jpg

86Hilux006.jpg

86Hilux007.jpg

86Hilux008.jpg

Dave

Nice! I would love to find something that clean up here in MI.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Thanks, guys.

We just bought this truck from a co-worker. He was the second owner and the original owner also works with me.

254,xxx miles on the truck.

Fully documented life back to the receipt of the original sale.
All valve adjustments, preventative maintenance and oil changes have been early or on time throughout. Even log books recording all fuel mileage and weekly tire pressure checks from 54 miles on.

The big pluses that I saw were:

Engine rebuilt at 168920/ 4-1-98 (85k/ 11 years ago)
New Turbo and exhaust manifold at 208019/9-7-01 (45k /8 years ago)
New Radiator at 220620 /11-11-03 (33k/5.5 years ago)

According to the logs, after the turbo replacement, it has used < 1/2 a quart of oil between changes.

I'll have to post pictures of it in use and with the shell on it.

Dave

tiger

Prepare for a bout of Jealosy when you see my truck :eatchicke

My **** gets abused so its gotta be tooouuuuugghh

It doesn't look quite like this. This look is has been worn down. I'm playing with many ideas for its next big look

there is no one name. But i call it snorkel or snug pup.
P1010236.jpg

P1010209.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010196.jpg
11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

l_23882957ceb648e784115d98501193-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members