Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

busmup808

Went crabbing at high tide in WESTPORT,WA in the day and went razor clamming at low tide with my brother in-law. We actually watched the sunset and watched moon rise. We almost didn’t find my truck because it was pitch black, but I made my alarm go off in order to find it.
7cfde3808cc076243c89ff3c2a3b1eff.png

5644550e52534eaf98f1191592982fe6.png

4aa29f79a461538ed50c7fafad266a0c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pith helmet

Hello, Toyota Peoples. I am back in a Toyota after 10 years in two Sierras and I love it.
Having previously had an '82, '87, '94 and '04, this is the new-to-me 2017 Tacoma Limited with 118k on the clock.

I just got it after the transmission went out in my Sierra and the dealership made too good a deal on a 150k mile Sierra with a bad transmission to pass up.

1C27083A-9C8C-4F4D-8B59-F04E75FD476B.jpeg

I drive a lot and have been in this one a week and even coming from a very nice 2015 Sierra SLE, this is definitely an upgrade. I loved my GMC but quickly realized all I missed so much about Toyotas, not the least of which was the size since I am daily on tight trails in the woods.

Got the interior cleaned up today, it was in good shape but pretty funky. The WeatherTech floor mats need more scrubbing. Dried red clay mud is tough stuff to remove.

39FFC413-FD85-4F74-BB42-40AC01C245C7.jpeg
4BE7E89F-1F12-4E88-AC1E-5A5315B5BD9A.jpeg

The exterior needs some love. It was backed into a tree in a previous life. It’s only cosmetic, though. Tailgate shuts and locks good. Will deal with that in time.

31DED056-9598-42D7-BAE3-0D70A65DE4FF.jpeg

Also, where has this tonneau cover been all my life? I have had a side-mounted aluminum box on all my previous trucks, but its hard to beat the entire bed being a tool box!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I drive a lot and have been in this one a week and even coming from a very nice 2015 Sierra SLE, this is definitely an upgrade. I loved my GMC but quickly realized all I missed so much about Toyotas, not the least of which was the size since I am daily on tight trails in the woods.

Also, where has this tonneau cover been all my life? I have had a side-mounted aluminum box on all my previous trucks, but its hard to beat the entire bed being a tool box!
How are you finding the seating position vs the Sierra?

What aspects are you feeling are an upgrade?

Love having a hard, tri-fold box cover on my truck. I think every truck I own here on out will have one.

pith helmet

Love having a hard, tri-fold box cover on my truck. I think every truck I own here on out will have one.
good questions....

Man, I didn't know what I had been missing!

The Tacoma Limited version is a higher trim level than the Sierra SLE. Going from cloth to leather is nice for sure. the electronics are pretty swanky; I like the locations of the steering wheel controls, the phone no-plug phone charger, the JBL sound system is pretty to notch. The way the seats fold down in the back suits my uses better than the fold up of the Sierra, especially with the hard plastic surface in lieu of carpet.
Sunroof I can take or leave, but it makes me feel fancy. In general, I just think the interior is super nice.
The lighting, inside, bed and headlights are far superior.

The suspension is waaaaay better than the Sierra, especially noticeable offroad, of course.
One of my favorite aspects is the push button start....and it's just fun to drive.
Probably more stuff I am leaving out.

This may be the one aspect I am having a little trouble with, and it's a huge one to have trouble with. The seat itself is very comfortable, at least as comfy as the Sierra, and while I am not a tall guy at 5'8", my knees and back are worse than they were 10 years ago. I liked all the auto adjustments on the Sierra seat where I could move around on a long drive, especially the ability to get it up tall so I could keep my legs at a greater angle if I needed. Seat is just a bit low to the floor, lower than the JK, which has height adjustments...hell, maybe this one does too, and I haven't seen it. I have not spent a lot of time with it beyond driving it.
I think I am going to try a cushion.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
good questions....

Man, I didn't know what I had been missing!

The Tacoma Limited version is a higher trim level than the Sierra SLE. Going from cloth to leather is nice for sure. the electronics are pretty swanky; I like the locations of the steering wheel controls, the phone no-plug phone charger, the JBL sound system is pretty to notch. The way the seats fold down in the back suits my uses better than the fold up of the Sierra, especially with the hard plastic surface in lieu of carpet.
Sunroof I can take or leave, but it makes me feel fancy. In general, I just think the interior is super nice.
The lighting, inside, bed and headlights are far superior.

The suspension is waaaaay better than the Sierra, especially noticeable offroad, of course.
One of my favorite aspects is the push button start....and it's just fun to drive.
Probably more stuff I am leaving out.

This may be the one aspect I am having a little trouble with, and it's a huge one to have trouble with. The seat itself is very comfortable, at least as comfy as the Sierra, and while I am not a tall guy at 5'8", my knees and back are worse than they were 10 years ago. I liked all the auto adjustments on the Sierra seat where I could move around on a long drive, especially the ability to get it up tall so I could keep my legs at a greater angle if I needed. Seat is just a bit low to the floor, lower than the JK, which has height adjustments...hell, maybe this one does too, and I haven't seen it. I have not spent a lot of time with it beyond driving it.
I think I am going to try a cushion.
Thank you for the replies!

I *think* 2020 was the 1st year you could get a height adjustable driver seat in a Tacoma.

Funny, I'm 6'1" and I have the seat in my F150 all the way up as I find it offers more thigh support and helps from getting sore on long trips.

The seat in our Tucson are lower and if I drive it for 3 hours my knees are killing me. To the point that I had to purchase and wear a knee brace to make it back home, haha.

pith helmet

Yeah I like the seat all the way up in the jeep, too. Maybe I just need a good Sears catalog…I’ll check the outhouse.

97heavyweight

Haven't posted up here yet so I thought I show off my almost 2 year transformation. As well as a sweet shot of my 1st gen 4Runner.

Attachments

• IMG_5854.jpg
    IMG_5854.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5971.jpg
    IMG_5971.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6020.jpg
    IMG_6020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1589.jpg
    IMG_1589.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

busmup808

Haven't posted up here yet so I thought I show off my almost 2 year transformation. As well as a sweet shot of my 1st gen 4Runner.

Nice Runner! 86? Miss my 1st gen. It was great with 2 kids, but when you have seven the 2 door wasn’t happening. We’re in the same neck of the woods, we should go wheeling sometime. Aloha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles