Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

scosanf

Observer
Looks good! What size tire are you running?
I'm running 265/75 16. I just switched to the Goodyear Duratracs. The Cooper ST Maxx were amazing off road and in the rocks, but I couldn't deal with the pulling to the right on the road anymore. Sidewall on the Duratracs may be a risk, but I I got the certs from Discount Tire for them and kept 2 low mileage Coopers for spares. I throw the second spare up top for big trips.

Patrollife

Explorer
0c07bc18ee2f4df60d445c6a9741a383.jpg

Murdered out the window tint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg
My last three Toyotas.
1973 Toyota FJ40 3 inch lift with 33 inch pizza cutters
2007 Toyota Tacoma 2 inch lift - Mobasa RTT
2015 Toyota TRD Pro 4Runner 3 inch lift - 33 inch BFG - Gobi rack and ladder with Tepui RTT & CVT awning
last pic is the tent drying out and my Drahthaar waiting to go camping again.
IMG_4205-2480x1540.jpg
IMG_0194-X4.jpg
FullSizeRender-2971x1408.jpg
2018070915083618-IMG_1088-X4.jpg

Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg
This was my 6th FJ40 and it was in rough shape when I got it. I spent a lot of time getting panels straight and the truck roadworthy. A collector heard about it and offered me a boatload of money that I could not turn down so I sold it - own your stuff don't let your stuff own you.
I miss this truck because it was really a nice driver and not a garage queen.

Sno DawgIMG_4202 2.jpgIMG_4208-X4.jpg

Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg
My first FJ40. This picture was taken in 1986 and my buddy and I had just returned from 4 wheeling in our cruisers. We used to beat the crap out of these trucks and keep going until one of us got really stuck or something major broke. I can honestly say that rarely something broke, but we did get really stuck a bunch of times.
My FJ was a 1978 that I bought in 85. I learned to work on cars by taking this truck apart with a minimal supply of cheap tools in the driveway.

Ahh the days you could buy a great FJ40 for $4500.......

n1281786750_346912_4998412.jpg

Last edited:

Watt maker

This was my 6th FJ40 and it was in rough shape when I got it. I spent a lot of time getting panels straight and the truck roadworthy. A collector heard about it and offered me a boatload of money that I could not turn down so I sold it - own your stuff don't let your stuff own you.

Sno Dawg

That’s really a great quote and something I need to work on.

I buy something, detail it and it mostly sits in the garage for years before I actually start using it. Some more than others. My TRD Pro Tundra rarely leaves the garage but I love driving it. I know I just can’t replace it with another like it, so it sits.

Retired Tanker

Explorer
New to the scene, Army Family in the Midwest. Just getting started, and trying not to get overwhelmed with all things associated with modifying both of our trucks, but definitely having fun along the way.

My Wife’s 2017 4Runner

View attachment 480206
View attachment 480207

My 2017 Tacoma

View attachment 480208
View attachment 480209

Wow! Two great platforms to build on!

Recommendations: start with temporary solutions and add capabilities in increments that suit where you want to go next.

Most of us have limited resources (aka; money) so target areas that are limiting where you want to go. Every dollar you spend on upgrades is one you can’t spend exploring. Even adding within a category needs to be thought out; making a rock crawler will reduce on road performance.

Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles