Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

rickashay

Explorer
Uh oh... just added another Toyota to the mix. Drove it from Texas to Canada in 5 days. Write-up to come!

40534960774_0242b0ab12_b.jpg

sn_85

Observer
It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm totally loving the new format! The old format didn't play nice with my work computer and sometimes with my ipad so I got where I didn't visit or contribute much. Somewhere along the way, I've also switched all my pics over to Smugmug from photobucket so I'm going to show off my Toyotas again.

2008 4Runner
IMG_1990-XL.jpg

2014 4Runner
IMG_3880-XL.jpg

Most recent addition, 2017 TRD Pro Tundra DC
IMG_4646-XL.jpg

Awesome rides!!! How do you like the Tundra compared to the 5th gen 4Runner? A part of me wants to pick up a 2019 TRD Pro Tundra...

Trikebubble

Adventurer
It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm totally loving the new format! The old format didn't play nice with my work computer and sometimes with my ipad so I got where I didn't visit or contribute much. Somewhere along the way, I've also switched all my pics over to Smugmug from photobucket so I'm going to show off my Toyotas again.

Most recent addition, 2017 TRD Pro Tundra DC
IMG_4646-XL.jpg

What a beauty...and never forget...#fullsizematters.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Thought I'd try out this Smugmug thing. Good stuff. A most recent picture of our rig, affectionately named Hawkeye Rovi. Still lots to do, bumper/winch and sliders sitting in the garage, a little more rear suspension work to be done, some minor stuff in the camper.......then off to the Yukon and beyond this summer.

Watt maker

Awesome rides!!! How do you like the Tundra compared to the 5th gen 4Runner? A part of me wants to pick up a 2019 TRD Pro Tundra...

Thanks! As for the 5th gen vs Tundra, they are really completely different vehicles for different purposes. The 4Runner has a more polished fit and finish feel to it, yet the drivetrain feels a bit dated and the throttle and trans tuning make it feel slow. The Tundra feels and drives like a truck, and that's exactly what I wanted. The 5.7 with the 6-speed is perfect in my opinion and feels like a rocket compared to the 5th gen, especially with the TRD dual exhaust singing my favorite song. I run Icons with SAW rear springs on the 4runner and it is smoother than the Tundra but I expected that. If I could only pick one out of the bunch, I'd pick the Tundra because you just can't beat the capability and usefulness of a pickup truck. If I could only pick two, I'd pick the Tundra and my 4th gen because I like how the 4th gen drives and feels. That being said, for 3 years I only had the two 4runners, with the 4th gen doing most of the dirty work and pulling a 16' utility trailer when needed. There were only a couple times that I had to break down and borrow a pickup from my dad.

Watt maker

Thought I'd try out this Smugmug thing. Good stuff. A most recent picture of our rig, affectionately named Hawkeye Rovi. Still lots to do, bumper/winch and sliders sitting in the garage, a little more rear suspension work to be done, some minor stuff in the camper.......then off to the Yukon and beyond this summer.

Nice truck!

Smugmug is the only way to go! I tried Flickr but it was super finicky with my work computer. Screw photobucket!!

sn_85

Observer
Thanks! As for the 5th gen vs Tundra, they are really completely different vehicles for different purposes. The 4Runner has a more polished fit and finish feel to it, yet the drivetrain feels a bit dated and the throttle and trans tuning make it feel slow. The Tundra feels and drives like a truck, and that's exactly what I wanted. The 5.7 with the 6-speed is perfect in my opinion and feels like a rocket compared to the 5th gen, especially with the TRD dual exhaust singing my favorite song. I run Icons with SAW rear springs on the 4runner and it is smoother than the Tundra but I expected that. If I could only pick one out of the bunch, I'd pick the Tundra because you just can't beat the capability and usefulness of a pickup truck. If I could only pick two, I'd pick the Tundra and my 4th gen because I like how the 4th gen drives and feels. That being said, for 3 years I only had the two 4runners, with the 4th gen doing most of the dirty work and pulling a 16' utility trailer when needed. There were only a couple times that I had to break down and borrow a pickup from my dad.

Thanks for the insight. I like my 5th gen but there's something about the truck bug that gets me every once in a while. The utility and capability of a truck is one of the reasons I toy around with the idea of trading in the 4R for a Tundra. That being said there's just something refined about an SUV and 4Runner that I like and it's smaller size means its better on the trails and in town. The smaller dimensions, shorter wheel base, and rear locker makes it a much better off-road vehicle than the Tundra. So far I've built out my 4Runner to my liking and still tweaking but if I got a Tundra I'd just get the Pro and keep it mostly stock except sliders, lights, and a camper top. Modding cars is fun but ultimately time consuming, expensive, and the further you get from stock the worse things drive. I'm learning that with my 4R right now. Plus with a TRD Pro you'd get that money back easy if I ever switched down the road.

I like your situation though, 1 Tundra and 2 4Runenrs :D

XPEDBC

Adventurer
I'm gonna need to know more about this bumper. I may be picking up one of these soon and am planning mods. The bumper is first on the list and this looks awesome.

It was made from scratch by a local fabricator here in Abbotsford, BC. Balmer Fabrication - you can find them on facebook. If you are not local, check out the Toyota Sequoia Off Road facebook page for other options (Brute Force Fab etc). You'll love the Sequoias!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles