Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

mouse007

Explorer
Sunday Fun Day..!!

My buddy took a few pictures this past Sunday with his new camera.

pVKpC3.jpg

gdToWO.jpg

kYoo2E.jpg

TexasIsHome

5th Gen

Attachments

• 20989305_10155007570087058_4270305853681902769_o.jpg
    20989305_10155007570087058_4270305853681902769_o.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 21013807_10155007591697058_6239037774713352854_o.jpg
    21013807_10155007591697058_6239037774713352854_o.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 55

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Nice! That's a solid setup. Is that a custom bed rack by the way? I sold the shell that came with mine to switch to a bed rack. Seems like All-Pro and Frontrunner are the only ones making them for 1st gens? Lots of 2nd gen+ options.

Low range offroad sells some nice low profile bed bars.

Relentless fab used to as well.

CBI makes a rack as well.

Aren't too hard to make though so if you have the means go for it!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I saw the Low Range bars and I think they will be perfect for a temporary setup for a while. Thanks for the CBI link, I hadn't looked over there in a while, didn't see any rack options for gen 1, only 2nd...lots of armor though, and I like their ditch light brackets. My second hurdle is that I was going to try to run a tonneau and the rack, I've only seen it done on 2nd and 3rd gens though so might be a no go.
Just added a few of the Low Range bars to my cart. Like that they also have extra mounting tabs! Helluva price too.

hmm...not sure you'll be able to do a tonneau cover and a bed rack.

Im running the old relentless bed bars on this truck:

Memorable Oregon-9.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Perfect height for my military cases and for jerry cans vertically. The low range ones are similar.

seanpistol

Explorer
Rickashay had a tonneau cover with his bedrack on his Tundra. I didn't see it close enough to know how it was designed, might be able to figure it out with some searching.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Dig it. I think you're right about the tonneau though. Maybe newer gens can tweak it to make it work because of the bed tracks. Gives me an excuse to invest in some waterproof bed storage. I sold all my Frontrunner boxes with my Land Cruiser so I get to start from scratch.

I use two of these: http://go-armynavy.com/military-sur...ans/us-military-medium-medical-chest-new.html

and then stack two of these on top: http://go-armynavy.com/military-surplus/field-gear/ammo-cans/us-military-small-medical-chest.html

I had to make some different mounts to hold the tent down to keep the bolts from catching the cases. But these stacked fit PERFECT under the bed bars i have. And two side by side fit perfect between the wheel wells. And they are heavy duty and water tight.

Not sure why they are so pricey now. I bought them for like 50 bucks for the big one each and 30 for the smaller ones each. Im sure with some digging you could find them at that price.

Work nice though. Even with my 5' bed these only take up half the bed and hold a lot. I use one big one for my OSK. The other big one as a kitchen box. Smaller one for additional tools. Smaller one for random things like food. Or sometimes don't use it even.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Thanks for the links, those look like they'd work well. I'll search around to see what I can find. I like the Pelican space cases as well but have never bought one to mess with. Depending on what hurricane Irma does next week I may be building a quick/temp bed solution to move things/help folks out.
** Edit, looks like you can snag some of the med boxes on eBay for around $50 in unused condition.

Pelican cases are great. I use a lot of them for audio gear. Very stout and durable.

the 1630 would be a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles