Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

psraff

"Depends" :elkgrin:

As you might guess it is all about how far you are from the last gas station and how much offroad driving at lower MPGs is needed. The trailer has two 2.5 gallon cans on it to offset the decrease in the tow vehicle's MPGs.

On some trips I have placed 4 of my 5 gallon Scepter cans up on the roof rack which can be seen in this picture
NKN_9536-1.jpg
Like the low profile rack idea. One of way to many projects on my todo list. I usually carry one fuel and one water on my swing away but as my trips expand I need to pick up a second 5 gal gerry fuel can and then store my water up on top.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tacoma

Greetings! New to the Tacoma forum here, not new to Expedition Portal however. Recently purchased and started building a 2014 Tacoma TRD as my adventure / photography platform. Been driving old LC's and G Wagon, but needed a more 'plug and play' vehicle for daily use...something I can cruiser at 80mph on the highway, but also handle rocky New England trails.

-2014 TRD
-ICON/OME Suspension
-ARB Bumper/Warn m8000 winch
-Lightforce Lights
-Pelfrybuilt sliders
-Pelfrybuilt skid plates
-Pelfrybuilt rear hi-clearance bumper
-Alucab canopy
-Alucab Roof Top Tent
-Alucab Awning

Next Phase of the build:

-OME BP51 suspension
-OME Intensity LED lights
-Dual Battery Setup
-OME Fridge
-Truck Vault Drawer system

Cheers!_K2A8025.jpg_K2A8038.jpg

Kiriesh

Adventurer
Greetings! New to the Tacoma forum here, not new to Expedition Portal however. Recently purchased and started building a 2014 Tacoma TRD as my adventure / photography platform. Been driving old LC's and G Wagon, but needed a more 'plug and play' vehicle for daily use...something I can cruiser at 80mph on the highway, but also handle rocky New England trails.

-2014 TRD
-ICON/OME Suspension
-ARB Bumper/Warn m8000 winch
-Lightforce Lights
-Pelfrybuilt sliders
-Pelfrybuilt skid plates
-Pelfrybuilt rear hi-clearance bumper
-Alucab canopy
-Alucab Roof Top Tent
-Alucab Awning

Next Phase of the build:

-OME BP51 suspension
-OME Intensity LED lights
-Dual Battery Setup
-OME Fridge
-Truck Vault Drawer system

Cheers!View attachment 400110View attachment 400111

That looks fantastic, out of curiosity, do you know how much the alucab stuff effects your fuel economy? I'm running just a basic bed rack right now but I'd love to have something like your setup eventually.

OutOfBounds

Adventurer
New shoes on the Tundra. Next up, spare fuel cans and mounting brackets as well as Bilstein 5100 suspension to level it out. A canopy/cap is also on the agenda for this year.

IMG_20170510_172759673_zpsiqr9b7kb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles