Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

azeyecap

Nice looking FJ... got any closer pictures of how you mounted the jerry cans?
Sorry, I don't have any better pics.

What I can tell you is that mounting 15 gallons on the stock rack with the stock support bars isn't a very good solution. The three movable bars on the rack cant move all that close to each other, so three cans are only supported by two cross bars. I strapped them down very tightly, and nothing moved around over 120 miles of dirt in the Maze, but, the middle can became deformed and probably would have ruptured if it stayed up there too much longer with a full load of gas. I will do something different next time, haven't figure out what though. probably get an aftermarket rack.

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Not easy to follow up such a nice rig! Heres mine on the Red Canyon Trail during the So Cal Desert Rendezvous.

P1070326_zpsa766ea41.jpg

mreimann

New here. I live in Denver, CO.

Is there any kind of regional thread in this forum?

I drive a 2005 Tacoma, with a few mods. Bumpers are by CBI, the rest of the armor was build by me. Its a slow build though, since I'm still in college
288761_202307023157625_4459211_o.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_4918.jpg

DSC_4388.jpg

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Yea there is lots of region stuff. Im in WY. Nice rig.

id check out Tacomaworld.com HUGE activity of CO guys there. A lot in Denver as well.

Derek G

Observer
Yes, the roof rack increased the noise greatly. It also gave me a few leaks that I am still fighting. Once I put the light rack on, believe it or not, the noise reduced greatly. I do not have the mesh on the bottom of my rack but I hear those make less noise.

I just put the ARB rack on my 4th Gen. I noticed very little increase in wind noise with just the rack and I have a sun roof. Once I mounted the Lightforce 170's to the rack my wind noise increased quite a bit.

Derek G

Observer
Garage.JPGSnow Needles.JPG

Not the best pics. ARB roof rack and bumper. Piaa 520 ion's and Lightforce 170's on the rack. Ordered my OME suspension today so I'm excited about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94