Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

D1105

fb09387ce7af340a5369f425fac55385.jpg

14de191b779adc2d17845e2950457e81.jpg

4c49e7af6bedfd914a4958af29a387c0.jpg

fe3b1e7844b59d65b6aacf3e3ade4f0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muttle

Observer
My current project and replacement for my Tacoma.
1985 4runner, 22re/ A340F automatic , full of hack mechanical/ electrical/ body repairs/ modifications and really tall on 29" tires. picture is from the day I pulled it from the junk yard

52592770994_ea1962f192_c.jpg

Current Status: A lot of work to get it to this point even though it doesn't look like much. Still more work to go but I'm Glad I saved this one from the Crusher. 22re/ W56 manual/ dual cases, widened track width, stretched wheelbase, Chev 63's, 3 Link front, lots of mechanical / electrical / rust / body repairs, host of modifications under the skin, 37's and it's about 6" lower than it was on 29's. Really excited to get this thing back on the road and into the mountains for some much needed exploring.

52592510441_1bbc69048f_c.jpg

Last edited:

skrypj

My current project and replacement for my Tacoma.
1985 4runner, 22re/ A340F automatic , full of hack mechanical/ electrical/ body repairs/ modifications and really tall on 29" tires. picture is from the day I pulled it from the junk yard

52592770994_ea1962f192_c.jpg

Current Status: A lot of work to get it to this point even though it doesn't look like much. Still more work to go but I'm Glad I saved this one from the Crusher. 22re/ W56 manual/ dual cases, widened track width, stretched wheelbase, Chev 63's, 3 Link front, lots of mechanical / electrical / rust / body repairs, host of modifications under the skin, 37's and it's about 6" lower than it was on 29's. Really excited to get this thing back on the road and into the mountains for some much needed exploring.

52592510441_1bbc69048f_c.jpg

awesome.

I've got a 1995 2nd gen that was SAS'd by the guy I bought it from and its like a mile tall. I am in the process of trying to drop it down, but Trailgears high steer kit sucks and the drag link and tie rod hit.

olshaggy

Introducing my regular cab long bed 4WD 2016 Tundra SR. Bought it from a dealership in Alabama last month, where it had been used as a parts truck since new, so while it has 164k miles on it already, it got regular servicing and has almost no rust.

Tundra.jpg

I've put down a deposit on an ARE DCU which I'm planning to build out as a camper. Lots of additional details on those plans over on Anyone out there running an Aluminum Contractor Topper? Would be interested to hear from those of you who've done something similar with a commercial aluminum cap!

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Introducing my regular cab long bed 4WD 2016 Tundra SR. Bought it from a dealership in Alabama last month, where it had been used as a parts truck since new, so while it has 164k miles on it already, it got regular servicing and has almost no rust.

View attachment 761057

I've put down a deposit on an ARE DCU which I'm planning to build out as a camper. Lots of additional details on those plans over on Anyone out there running an Aluminum Contractor Topper? Would be interested to hear from those of you who've done something similar with a commercial aluminum cap!

This looks like it'll be a cool build-out! I just looked up 36" AREs with windows and doors and that'll be a cool option.
Any suspension plans for all the extra rear weight?

olshaggy

Any suspension plans for all the extra rear weight?
Thanks! Yeah, I've been reaching out to local shops to get a sense of what my best suspension options are. Got a recommendation from one place to do a full OME kit with Nitrocharger Sport shocks and struts, 2612 coils and Dakar leafs, but that would be almost $1800 in parts (which is only a couple hundred less than the BP-51 kit) and another $1000 in labor and tax, which is significantly more than I'm hoping to spend on suspension right now. Need to reserve some of those funds for other aspects of this build. I'm also not sure I want 2.5" of lift given how tall this thing is already going to be. I've currently got stock 18x8 wheels with nearly new 32" (P255/70R18) tires. May upgrade to LT, or at least a good all-terrain P-rated set at some point, but I don't plan to go bigger than 33" or so.

I'm not planning to attempt any rock crawling, just want it to hold up well on light to moderate off-pavement driving like forest service trails and washboard. I got a recommendation from an ARE dealer to do the Roadmaster Active Suspension, which only runs $570 and, as I understand it, should strengthen rear leaf springs, reducing rear bounce and squat, and therefore improve stability. I'm also planning to add the TRD rear sway bar, which I've read should help reduce lean back there.

My stock suspension seems to be in good shape for now, so I'm thinking it makes sense to focus on the camper build for now, and then to re-evaluate my suspension needs once I've added that additional weight (and height). That said, very open to suggestions!

JayOtheMountains

IMG_2107.JPG

'18 4-Runner out in the wilds doing wild things. Stuff-n-things accomplished to the suspension to be comfy during deep desert exploration. Sure I could show a closer view, but this is why I have what I have and am able to get way out there to explore. I prefer a modular approach with the ability to add/remove stuff from my kit (rack, tent, kitchen, etc) as needed for my trips. Less "stuff" than others, but still a reasonable amount of comfort for all seasons as required. Light and fast adventures are preferred over hauling the everything. I set up a base camp sometimes, and sometimes have things set up for continuous travel.

Last edited:

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
New guy here, this is my current vehicle, a 2022 4Runner TRD ORP. I've made some changes since these photos were taken. I hope to start driving the Pan American highway this summer in it, with my pup. I've had two Tacos and two 4Runners over the past couple decades.

Sylvanas%20portrait%202-X2.jpg

Sylvanas%20Salt%201A-X2.jpg
Nice looking 4Runner! Looks like you're running a small lift and 265s? I'm a fan of keeping it practical for long-distance travel, like the Pan American.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94