Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

DWphoto

Adventurer
6129215059_6994696af3_b.jpg

All of you shots are awesome! Someday I need to get out to CO area.

Danimal

Adventurer
Had a long, loving relationship with my 3rd gen 4Runner:
4Runner_2010-12-23.jpg

DSC61.jpg

And reluctantly moved on to a 2nd gen Tacoma:
DSC00090.jpg

I've grown a passion for 4WD Toyotas, which has apparently rubbed off on others. Some of my friends and my father bought similar vehicles (two FJs, an 80 Series Cruiser, two 4Runners) after 1 adventure in my 4Runner. As a matter of fact, my father is driving my 4Runner in the first picture above. That's my hand sticking out the passenger window giving directions...

Dan

corax

Explorer
That looks like one of the ghosttowns near Silverton . . . I forget the name, I researched it but never quite made it out there. Check out Ghosttowns.com and remember to leave nothing but footprints and only take pictures (oh yeah - turn down the volume, the banjo is kinda loud)

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
where is this picture taken that mine looks awesome to get some shots im in breckenridge

its in halfmoon creek just south of leadville. the creek runs between mt elbert and mt massive. there are a few decent water crossings that can get deep if its raining. otherwise its a pretty good easy road. up until the first water crossing you can drive it in a car after that you need low range gears and a bit of clearance. drive all the way to the end and you will get to the champion mill (in the photo) drive all the way to the top of the road (much rougher and steeper 2 track and very narrow in a few sections with steep LONG dropoffs, this road is not on the google map) and you get to champion mine, there are no real places to turn around (unless you drive off the road and i hope that you wouldn't do that) till you get to the mine so its a full commitment once you start up to the very top. its all very fragile tundra up there.

I have 4.88 gears and i needed to use the rear locker a few times on the upper road in order to get to the mine.

http://g.co/maps/qkv9u

if you switch that to the sat view you can see the road to the mine above the mill

Last edited:

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper

austintaco

Explorer
Damn, Tbar. That is a great setup. I just bought a Wildernest to put on an old long bed toyota truck bed trailer, and after working on it, I had a wild hair to sell my 03 double cab, buy a similar tacoma ex cab, and then search for a 6' wildernest like yours.

I love my truck, but seeing your setup makes me envious. A flippac might be in my future.

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Damn, Tbar. That is a great setup. I just bought a Wildernest to put on an old long bed toyota truck bed trailer, and after working on it, I had a wild hair to sell my 03 double cab, buy a similar tacoma ex cab, and then search for a 6' wildernest like yours.

I love my truck, but seeing your setup makes me envious. A flippac might be in my future.
Do it. Put your money where your mouth is :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94