Show us your things that flip/fold/slide/pop or otherwise open out/up

1000arms

Muwahahaha! Rising from the grave....

There are a lot of creative people on this forum, please pardon the resurrection, and continue the thread Show us your things that flip/fold/slide/pop or otherwise open out/up!

Oka 374

Here are a couple of shots of our ex RAAF Oka van which I turned into a camper. It has been repowered with an intercooled Cummins 6BT driving through a 6 speed Allison and Nissan Patrol transfer case into the original Dana diffs. The Queen size double bed slides out the back a metre and the gives us room to have cafe style seating with a Lagun type table between us. All diesel, 12v or 240v electric as we have no LPG/propane. 1100w solar feeding a 400ah Lithium battery.PA280218 (Medium).JPG

Attachments

• PA280219 (Medium).JPG
    PA280219 (Medium).JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 81
  • PA280220 (Medium).JPG
    PA280220 (Medium).JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 87
  • PA280221 (Medium).JPG
    PA280221 (Medium).JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 85

1000arms

... The Queen size double bed slides out the back a metre and the gives us room to have cafe style seating with a Lagun type table between us. All diesel, 12v or 240v electric as we have no LPG/propane. 1100w solar feeding a 400ah Lithium battery.

Any photos of the interior?

Are there solar panels mounted to the popup roof, or just over the cab?

It looks like you can get your camper in, and out, of a lot of cool places!

Oka 374

The cab and poptop roof are covered in glass panels now after several flexible panel failures. The poptop got a bit hard to lift with the additional weight so I fitted electric actuators to lift the poptop.
I'll attach some inside shots.Cabin.JPGfridge and electrics lith battery behind white panel.JPGLooking forward.JPGlooking rearwards.JPGrearwards from door.JPGrearwards from fridge toilet beside doorway.JPG

1000arms

The cab and poptop roof are covered in glass (solar) panels now after several flexible panel failures. The poptop got a bit hard to lift with the additional weight so I fitted electric actuators to lift the poptop.
1100 watts of solar panels seemed high for just on the cab (of a vehicle that size), I figured you had them on the popup section too, thanks for the confirmation. I expect the actuators make it much more pleasant to raise and lower the top. :)

Thanks for the interior photos, it is nice to see what layouts people have.

Last edited:

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
Here's our double pop-up.

Table even folds!

Panels slide out to make queen size bed.

Honeycomb core composite construction, 25 gal water, 200Ah DIY Lithium, fridge/freezer, potty, shower, heater, hot water, etc. Dry weight is about 850lbs. I eventually added actuators to lift the slide up (visible in first photo).

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
Very similar, got it from a place called Carbon Core. The faces are thin plywood and I did a layer of glass over the exposed outside panels.

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
One inch on all the walls and cabinets and roof. Plenty strong but not much insulation. Bed platform is about 1.75" thick. I think the 1" would have worked for the bed too, but I didn't want a flexy bed so I ordered one thicker panel for that.

1000arms

One inch on all the walls and cabinets and roof. Plenty strong but not much insulation. Bed platform is about 1.75" thick. I think the 1" would have worked for the bed too, but I didn't want a flexy bed so I ordered one thicker panel for that.
The lack of insulation value is a big drawback for me, but not everyone wants to easily keep things from freezing at -40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles