Show us your 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
Have any of you extended the bump stops and added limiting straps? Im running a Clayton 6" lift with 33" km2s and I've always had tire rub and I've dropped the front springs a few times when fully flexed. Just wondering about any cheap solutions. I've seen a few kits online but they seem expensive for what they are. Ive already done a lot of fender cutting. Just wondering what you guys have done. Thnx

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

i threw some limit straps on mine, only 3" of lift but still looses coils with the sway bar disconnected

1391741_758314570849642_1932564712_n.jpg

Wjustin

heres mine.

2001, 4.0, coldair intake, flowmaster exhaust, chrysler cirrus 784 injectors, gas tank tuck(8"), 245 goodyear mtrs, bilstien 5100's, cb, bds 2.5" springs, 10mm ome spacers, jks adj front track bar, tcase skid, full led interior, 6000khids. its not huge but ive had more fun and adventures in this rig then any other one ive owned:sombrero:

yeah iv popped a coil and im only running 2.5" lift. i have limiting straps in the rear and about to fab some longer bump stops and limiting straps for the front.

HotrodSmurf

Observer
Pictures of mine aren't very exciting. Sitting in the driveway, broken. Again. Happy some people like them though, hopefully I sell the stupid thing.

Great looking wj. Are you having the bump stops made or making them yourself? I know you can order custom ones online but I would rather make them myself if its just as good and saves me money.

By the way, I started a "WJ Owners" group. Though it would be a good way of sharing WJ specific information. If you're interested in joining search "WJ Owners" in the group section.

srmitchell

Observer
Hey guys, I usually trail ride with my xj, but the wj is my dd.
2004 WJ Overland, quadradrive, 4.7HO, navigation, factory skids, rock rails, and just 88,000 miles. My cherokee has 100K more miles, haha.

It has an Iron Rock Offroad 3 inch lift, 10mm rear trim spacers. (For a slight rake.)
Standard Hydro shocks, they pride pretty well, but stiff.
JK Rubicon wheels and tires, 255/75/17.

Next will be a hitch mounted "knucklebone" tire carrier from detours USA. And a superchip programmer to fix the messed up speedometer.
I love this jeep. The color is Onyx Green Peralcoat, apparently a very very rare color.

You can see I installed the Laredo level black headlights, I painted the lower air dam, the tow hooks, and the inner grill black. The outer trim ring I painted Onyx to match.

Old, and Kinda New by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

Nature Bats Last by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

Untitled by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

Untitled by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

Finished by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

I have also considered dishing out the $300+ for the superchip programmer just to fix my speedometer but have heard that they can cause other problems. Does anyone out there have one in there WJ that can chime in? I would like to know if you think they are really worth it. Also is there another way to fix the speedometer?

Last edited:

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Here's mine

IMG01.jpg

IMG02.jpg

IMG03.jpg

4" IRO lift, Rocky Road sliders, Surco rack, Lightforce 170's, 32" Falken Wildpeak AT's, ARB awning, c02 tank, Uniden CB radio, trailer hitch spare tire carrier, 4 gallon Rotopax, Hi-Lift, Trasharoo, and not nearly enough time off work to go out and hit the trails!

..and Mr. Hiscox is correct...theksmith's WJ is what all other WJ's wish they could be! :Wow1:

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 115

b4wscrambler

My 1999 WJ family car/ tow rig/ light wheeling truckster. 2" Rusty's lift, JK rims, 242 swap, factory skids and tow hooks installed, 1.5" rock rails.

Here's mine. Most specs in sig. ROLA rack. Have an Iceland Berzerk bumper I picked up used that'll go on in the Spring, and I have some LED lights for the rack to get on also. But it was 2 degrees F this morning, so I'll wait 'till it warms up.:REOutCampFire03: Really enjoying the WJ.

Pete

Attachments

• tires on1.jpg
    tires on1.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 112
  • tires on 2.jpg
    tires on 2.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 111
  • bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 110
  • step on wj.jpg