Show off your partner steel in Cali?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Hi,

Recent events have me thinking about takin the dive into a 22” cook partner stove, but with prices approaching the equivalent of an actual kitchen range top, I’m a little wary of buying sight unseen.

Anyone in central California or the north side of LA / Ventura county willing to take an hour to show off your 22” Stove in person?

There’s a 12-pack or a nice bottle of wine on offer for your time! Shoot me a note and we will see if I can make it over your way.

Thanks!

Nate

NatersXJ6

Explorer
The total meltdown and boil over of my trusty camp chef at the hands of my daughters Girl Scout troop. I was able to hammer the grate back to “approximately straight”, but I’m now thinking something easier to clean would be a good idea.

plh

Explorer
The total meltdown and boil over of my trusty camp chef at the hands of my daughters Girl Scout troop. I was able to hammer the grate back to “approximately straight”, but I’m now thinking something easier to clean would be a good idea.

sad, those Camp Chefs are great

I am a blacksmith by trade, and the burners on the Partner burn so stinkin hot, I say it every time----" I think I can forge with this flame" I have a three burner and although a bit bigger, its a killer set-up. I do agree inflation is getting brutal everywhere, but they do pop up for sale here and there. I will say, they really do kick butt at cook time !

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Yep, forging with the stove is a pretty good description of what happened to my camp chef. A burner on full blast for almost an hour, with a full 16 quart Dutch oven on it resulted in a bright Orange grate that warped like crazy, a 1/2” of burned food in the bottom of the Dutch oven, and who knows what boiled over and dripped into all the nether-regions of the stove. I have it cleaned up and functional, but that event made me start to get serious about an upgrade. So yes, those burners are enough to power a small forge, I’m guessing the Partner Steel are too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles