Show me really cool flatbed ideas for my StuperDuty

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I think good sense is going to prevail (for once) and I'm going to more or less just run with it. I do need to work out the gooseneck/5th wheel thing, but beyond that I think I'll build a decent side kit for it, bolt down my 31 yr old Knaack gang box, and call it a day for the flatbed. Sometimes I suffer from project-itis and jump into the next cool want instead of concentrating on the current one.

I'll do the above, give it a mild leveling lift ( enough to get some 35s on it) and roll. That'll make for a decent looking yet still capable all around working truck.

I've got a Mog that deserves my attention more.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
My favorite

bc1e61cf4476dd62351e898fc407bfc0.jpg

ericvs

What if the flatbed itself was the same width (or close to) the width of the cab, this would eliminate the need to flare the corners. Then where the tires protrude past this, you use some dually style fenders to cover the rest of the wheel. Sort of like that old ford I posted. I am thinking something sort of like this, but less rounded fenders and the flatbed would be above the top of the wheels.

capture 2.jpg

kind of like this concept:
dually.jpg

Bella PSD

Explorer
I am in the planning stages for a Aluminum flatbed. I just purchased a bed just like the Home Depot rental pickups. Kinda like a UTE flatbed.
Mocked up with bed in black, truck green. The bed has a drop down tailgate and sides. I have already modify the front rack to be removable and soon mod the aluminum bed length to be 7'6" down from 8'6". I'll use rear semi fenders like the Dodge UTE AEV flatbed.
7.6 foot w ROUND fender NO Camper.jpg
x
And the composite pop up flatbed camper with the bed sides removed for the camper
7.6 foot w ROUND fender.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
That's more like it.

I see zero reason to make the bed LESS useful if only to be slightly more "cool" :coffee:

This is how I roll.

Side racks

yard001.jpg

Side racks with ladder racks

palousework.jpg

No side racks

yard009.jpg

And camper loaded

ct90rack.jpg

Paddy

Adventurer
^^^ awesome setup!

For a look at some very different and artistic fathers do a google image search for "welding trucks" or "welding rigs" Some of these guys get pretty wild with their designs.

Attachments

• IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles