Shovel Storage

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
My first try at a storage spot for a small shovel, I think I can place a flat piece at the shovel blade end to keep it from falling out and then some kind of quarter turn twist at the handle.

The plan is to cut an opening on an interior wall of the camper and install this flush with the inside.

Ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3545.jpg
    IMG_3545.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 87

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
How did you make that mold and what material is it?

Your idea sounds good, btw

surly

surly adventurer
What's a quickfist

ToolMounts_QickFist_30052.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
Nice work.
Quikfist is nice but overkill. Just need to cut a couple slots in the ABS alongside the haft just below the handle and thread a velcro retention strap thru. EVen better cut the slots in the walls of the 'trench' so the strap can actually snug tight on the shovel haft.
OR
Heat it up again and use a wide dull edge tool to tuck the ABS in around the shovel perimeter while you suck it down, such that it becomes a snap-in fit, no additional retention methods needed.

Like to see the home-build vac rig!

Last edited:

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Shovel storage

Great Ideas,
I built the vac form for another project that is on hold. It's a 24" x 48" machine.

I like to have a home for everything and keep it from rattling or falling off.

Attachments

• IMG_3522.jpg
    IMG_3522.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 69

rayra

Expedition Leader
So I presume you draw a vacuum in the tanks, seat the warmed material over the object being molded then trip the valve to suck it down? Does the overhead structure play a part? Does it come down like a press?

I've seen a few smaller rigs cobbled together for model making and making movie props, they were using a shop vac as a suction source and were sized to hold materials of a size that would fit in a standard kitchen oven.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Just heats the plastic then you drop the plastic in the shape and pull the vacuum.

I tried shaping the plastic over a couple of propane bottles, it almost worked but really needs a real mold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles