Should I Jump on 2007 Mitsubishi Fg140 4x4 for sale?

Timoteus

Near my home there is an FG 4x4 for sale. Asking low 30k. Odo 190k.

Should I jump on it? I'm a bit of a noob and would like some advice.
What questions to ask, what to look out for?

Thank you in advance.

Timo

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
What model/year?
Automatic or manual?
Does it have low range?
If you have seen it, is there rust on the chassis? If so, how much and where?
Has it been used as a plow?

EDIT:
Probably should have read the post title first... ;o)
I think that model came in both auto and manual, so the last 4 questions are probably still relevant.

Last edited:

Timoteus

What model/year?
Automatic or manual?
Does it have low range?
If you have seen it, is there rust on the chassis? If so, how much and where?
Has it been used as a plow?

EDIT:
Probably should have read the post title first... ;o)
I think that model came in both auto and manual, so the last 4 questions are probably still relevant.

I asked the owner for more information. I hope that it is still there so I can go and have a look.

I was thinking maybe I can contact a local Mitsubishi dealer and ask them to inspect it if it is still available of course.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
There are other members here that can give you a much better heads up on that model than I can, but I believe that it is considered to be one of the best Canter releases in the US.

kerry

Expedition Leader
$30k seems high with that many miles but it would depend on what is on the back. Where are you located?

Timoteus

$30k seems high with that many miles but it would depend on what is on the back. Where are you located?
Canada. But the person that posted it never replied. So I assume he got overwhelmed with requests or it was a scam.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
price seems high for that amount of mileage, but a lot depends on the condition of the chassis - if it was used as a plow truck expect a lot of bad rust.

Also, check the synchros since those tend to go out.

theburtseoni

Observer
Check with Main Street Motors in Enterprise, Oregon. They just got in a nice 2010 Fuso 4x4 diesel manual trans with locking front hubs (132K miles) with a nice service body/box on the back. They do not have pics posted yet on their website, but will in a day or two. It will have 6 new tires, it is not a rust bucket!1620425641279.pngThe price is $30K.

Last edited:

yabanja

Explorer
The price is high for such high mileage. I would expect to pay $20k for a similar vehicle at current market rates. That having been said, if you are eager to get started on your build and don't want to wait 6 months or a year for the right one to pop up then this could be the vehicle for you!

Allan

theburtseoni

Observer
1620425808862.png1620425837520.png

This is the truck at Main Street Motors in Enterprise, Oregon. I took a couple of pics of it today. It is a 2010 with 132k miles, diesel with manual trans and manual locking front hubs. They are asking $30K. It will have six new tires on it shortly. It is not rusted out, it came from Wash state.

yabanja

Explorer
View attachment 659247View attachment 659248

This is the truck at Main Street Motors in Enterprise, Oregon. I took a couple of pics of it today. It is a 2010 with 132k miles, diesel with manual trans and manual locking front hubs. They are asking $30K. It will have six new tires on it shortly. It is not rusted out, it came from Wash state.
The 2007 model is more desirable due to no DEF Emissions system. I would lean towards it even with the higher mileage.

Allan

Joe917

Explorer
6 new tires is not a plus since you will want to go to singles, so you will be paying for 6 new tires the wrong size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles