Shipping A Motorcycle From Australia to the US

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I hope someone in here might know something about shipping motorcycles internationally.

I bought a 1991 Honda CBR250RR from a friend in Australia and I'm trying to figure out how to get it here to the US. This is going to be a track bike so I've considered shipping it as parts, but I don't know anyone who will transfer freight this size and weight internationally.

My other option is go through the legal DoT route but I have to have the bike inspected and brought up to street legal standard to get the rego paperwork in Oz, and the bike is somewhat damaged. At least this gets me a title here in the US. That's fine and all but I'm not interested in this as a street bike and would like to avoid the fees if I can.

Schumacher Logistics has quoted me $3100 but that includes the DoT paperwork fees. They won't ship a crated box of parts for any less. Does anyone know of any other international shippers that will handle motorcycles or parts bikes?

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
The bike is over 25 years old.

You should not have any import restrictions or DOT requirements due to age of the bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles