SherpAlypto - FOR SALE $149k

LoRoad

Adventurer
Thoughts and prayers to your daughter, you, and the rest of your family as well Rodney. I just found last night out that my daughter also has to have surgery to remove a mass in her neck. Hopefully the growth is benign. The biopsy is next week. I will be traveling out to Fort Bliss (El Paso), TX at the end of August for a couple of weeks to help her with her recovery. Her husband just deployed to Germany/Romania in early July for the next 9-12 months, so I'm sure she will appreciate the company and support from Dad. We are less than a year out from "retirement" and hitting the road full time in Unicat TC54 and our Jeep Rubicon. These things certainly put a damper on those kind of plans and dreams... never any joy in seeing one of your children fall ill, particularly something that is life-threatening. Stay positive, and we'll see you on the road once both of our daughter's recover!!! By the way your photography is beautiful, think I saw at least one of your photos when the wife and I were at the Smithsonian last Christmas.

It is such a horrible disease that no one should ever have to go through. Our family are sending out prayers and love for you and your family, especially your daughter. Hopefully everything will be fine and she'll be able to move along in life. My thanks go out to her and her husband, as well as all those that have or do now serve, often a thankless job until after a crisis. My father spent his entire life serving, until he retired. Thanks for the kind words on the artwork. If you were visiting the National Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian in Washington DC then you most likely did see one of my pieces there. They now have three in their permanent collection and it's a huge honor to have my work in their collection. Was it this one?: http://www.rodneyloughjr.com/swan-lake-image/story Do let us know how your daughter is fairing. And I can't wait to live vicariously through your future adventures.

anthonyca

Observer
I don't have any children of my own but seeing how much my brother (who is only 11 months younger and we are very close) loves his first and only child, I can't imagine going through this. Thank you for being strong and there for your daughter and I sincerely hope she is well.

91AzXJ

Adventurer
My prayers are with you and your daughter as well. My wife had a similar experience three years ago and while she is currently cancer free, it changed our lives forever. Best wishes!

GR8ADV

Explorer
Mr. loRoad. In case you are still in touch with this thread, I wanted you to know that I continue to push good thoughts thru the cloudy skys of Seattle in the direction of you and your family. All the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier