She wants a camcorder...even though we have a GoPro and Point & Shoot!

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Okay, this seems a little silly to me but I can't fight it any longer...We already have a GoPro with a bunch of the right accessories (LCD screen, monopod, extra mounts, etc) and we have a Nikon S8100 point and shoot (I feel like it already takes good enough 1080p HD video but oh well).

She still wants a traditional styled camcorder. :Wow1: This is partially because of the way you hold it with the little hand strap and the nifty little flip-out viewfinder, those features seem to be more convenient for her. Since documenting this trip for our memories is the upmost priority, I can't argue too much about it anymore and her parents already told her they'd help us out with some of the cost. Besides, the GoPro was MY idea and I had to talk her into that...little did I know she would use that against me!

I'd like to find something that compliments the convenience of the point and shoot but with better video quality. Something that also makes up for what the GoPro lacks, like low-light quality. We would prefer something that doesn't give the same "fish-eye" look as the GoPro and it would be cool to be able to tweak with the focus for blurry background shots. Obviously image-stability is a must. We're not sure if HD is necessary or not, but I can only assume that's what we "need". I'd love it to charge via USB or has a 12v charger so that we can charge on the road. I'd like to avoid any other accessories though, since the GoPro requires so many already. Portability and compactness are obviously a big factor too.

So there you have it in a nutshell, I hope you camera :sombrero: can shoot us some good recommendations. I suppose we need to keep this under $350-400, so this would obviously not be a professional rig but we'd love to hear your thoughts on what would be best for us.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
The wife just told me yesterday "Why dont you sell this?". Got a Canon 5D MarkII that shoots video, so it never gets used anymore

We have a Panasonic PV-GS150 I paid over $700 brand new and it has a few accessories.

I checked on Amazon and they go used for $200ish.

I'll ship it to you for $200 if you want it. It takes great video, great in low light, has remote, charger, battery, manual and all cords/wires

Let me know if you're interested

i-LQvsX2c-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles