Shakey mirror fix with a printed bracket for the 80 series

Outsane

Common problem with the 80 is when the little tabs break on the outside rear view mirrors.

My fix is a 3d printed petg bracket
20190828_110454.jpg

Here is a how to install.

Remove screw threw access hole ( #2 phillips)
20190826_151353.jpg

Lift and pull mirror assembly.

Remove top two screws
20190826_151644.jpg

Add bracket and supplied longer stainless steel screws to accommodate bracket.
1566876992378-310.jpg

Reinstall the motor and mirror assembly by sliding it up underneat the new bracket and attach the screw on the bottom.

Last edited:

brentbba

Explorer
Would love to see more than the pics on your Etsy page to understand better how this works as I've used the shaky mirror fix from Mud with the zip ties for years and it's worked pretty well.

Have you posted in the 80's section in IH8MUD too? You might increase your sales exponentially if this thing really works! ;)

Outsane

Jb weld works too for a bit, a couple people have had the jb weld fail.

Thanks brentbba, i have posted on ih8mud, and have sold many sets, just thought i would offer the solution to this forum.

brentbba

Explorer
Would love to see more than the pics on your Etsy page to understand better how this works as I've used the shaky mirror fix from Mud with the zip ties for years and it's worked pretty well.

Have you posted in the 80's section in IH8MUD too? You might increase your sales exponentially if this thing really works! ;)
Thanks - hadn't seen it there!

Does your bracket just extend out further to encompass the entire top of the mirror bracket then?

Found the thread on MUD! I think one or more of my bottom screw mounts is pretty buggered. How does that bottom support work? Epoxy in place around the split screw hole?

Last edited:

Outsane

You can epoxy the bottom post, but its made so that the walls of the mount secure ut in place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles