SFBay: Complete James Baroud setup - Evasion XXL tent, comfort pad, tunnel, Falcon 270 awning + walls, Falcon shower enclosure

bothund

Tent slept in 5 times, all gear in perfect condition _except_ the awning has a quarter-sized tear in it (I think just from putting it away funny and getting it pinched in the arms, nothing happened to it). Baroud sent me a complete fabric replacement for the awning, which I will include with the sale. I kept the existing fabric in there, with a really good adhesive patch over the hole, figuring I would replace the entire thing if that didn't hold, or if it ever took more damage.

Reason for sale - partner doesn't want to sleep on the roof of a vehicle, and it's a little silly for me to have a giant queen-sized bed and all the accoutrements for just me. It sure is comfy, though!

Retail would be $10,664 plus tax and shipping, plus however many months of waiting (many, for me).

Asking $8,500 for everything, not looking to ship or separate. You can some see everything installed on my 2000 Land Cruiser in Marin County, CA, and you can install it on your vehicle in my barn (nice and easy, it can be hoisted overhead and dropped down).

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 10.19.08 AM.jpg

Mistuhmao

Will this setup work with a front runner roof rack for a 200 series? I'm not sure how the tent and awning will fit.

bothund

Will this setup work with a front runner roof rack for a 200 series? I'm not sure how the tent and awning will fit.

Absolutely! I've had it on a Gobi rack on a Sequoia and a Gamiviti rack on the Cruiser, and I'm sure it can fit on the Front Runner as well.

For the tent, you could use the included brackets to mount it to the FR slats. Or go quick release with:

For the awnings, the included mounting brackets (below) are quite adaptable and could be mounted to the FR rack, or there are FR-specific mounts, or other third-party solutions.

1638557465345.png

bothund

Sorry, forgot to update! Still have the shower enclosure and the tent, which I would sell but they would have to be pretty close to retail price, as I do really like them. I sold the awning, walls, and tunnel. Thanks for asking!

bothund

- I got the tent brand new in November of 2020, so that makes it something like 20 months old. I would say I've slept in it about 6 nights. Really terrific tent but my wife doesn't want to use it and it's way more than I need for myself.
- No tears, leaks, damage of any kind, everything is great. It's hanging in my barn for easy installation.
- It does have the condensation / comfort mat, yes.
- If you check the specs here: https://www.rhinoadventuregear.com/products/james-baroud-evasion-xxl-roof-top-tent-xxl-size you can see it's basically 90" x 65", so it's a big tent, but narrower than the Gladiator dimensions. I would think you would want it on a rack that goes over the bed and the cab, but maybe it would work on a cab roof rack alone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior