SETO - the DR(D4-7R) Moto

portabill

Way to go! There are reports that hauling a bike with a cover on it can mess up the paint. It's due to the flapping in the wind. Please research that "fact" before taking a chance. That looks like a stout setup

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Way to go! There are reports that hauling a bike with a cover on it can mess up the paint. It's due to the flapping in the wind. Please research that "fact" before taking a chance. That looks like a stout setup

Thanks portabill, first post on ExPo, I am honored.

The cover is just on till the trailer rolls, trying to keep the frost off the bike. It will come off before I leave.

portabill

Yep, first post, you pulled me in. I felt it would be disrespectful to the moto brotherhood not to say something if I thought I had a valid concern.

You've done some nice work there. The 2x6s are a nice touch, much better than simple plywood

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Yep, first post, you pulled me in. I felt it would be disrespectful to the moto brotherhood not to say something if I thought I had a valid concern.

You've done some nice work there. The 2x6s are a nice touch, much better than simple plywood

:ylsmoke:

I built it with three 2x6's running lengthwise, and then 1x6's for the decking on top. (Always trying to keep weight to a minimum.) The 2x6's are bolted to the metal frame, and then the 1x6 decking is screwed into the 2x6's. The boxes, jerry can holders, T track, and front tire bracket are bolted clear through both layers. So everything of consequence is very secure. This design also greatly helped to make the trailer very solid.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
On the way to Seattle, and am spending a short layover in Big Sky Montana. Decided to go ahead and unpack the bike gear and go for a ride up the Gallatin Valley towards West Yellowstone. Totally beautiful, though a bit chilly. Was a bit scared of hitting ice, but managed just fine. Only snapped one photo before the battery went dead from the cold, excited to get the electrical system on the bike gone through this winter.

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles