SETO - the DR(D4-7R) Moto

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Post up your thoughts on the pivot pegs after a few more rides. I'm thinking of these for my DRZ400.

Not so sure about the Pivot Pegs after this last ride where I spent quite a while on really rough and muddy ATV trails in the dark. They work great when your foot is in the right position, but I found it really disconcerting to try and set my foot back on the peg. It never felt like my foot was solid with the bike, and I was never sure where the pivot point was going to be underfoot. So they seem to be great if you keep your feet locked in once place, not great if you are moving about on the bike.

I have no idea how poor my technique is, but I tend to move my feet about a fair amount, including for shifting and the rear brake. If you have a comment on this please let me know.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Not so sure about the Pivot Pegs after this last ride where I spent quite a while on really rough and muddy ATV trails in the dark. They work great when your foot is in the right position, but I found it really disconcerting to try and set my foot back on the peg. It never felt like my foot was solid with the bike, and I was never sure where the pivot point was going to be underfoot. So they seem to be great if you keep your feet locked in once place, not great if you are moving about on the bike.

I have no idea how poor my technique is, but I tend to move my feet about a fair amount, including for shifting and the rear brake. If you have a comment on this please let me know.

Loving all the pictures.

About them pivot pegs. I have them on my KLR, but they took a while to get used to. After a while you don't even notice the pivot feature so I think it's kind-of a gimmick. I totally hear you about finding your position on the pegs when moving around on the bike or putting your foot back on after dabbing or taking one off during a maneuver. I've never worried too much about it though because they have such a large platform that it almost doesn't matter if you're off center for a second or two until you can get re-centered on them. Another thing is depending on the tread of your boot you can feel stuck on the peg, but that can happen with any serrated foot peg. I hear from guys using big work boots or hiking boots with block type soles that your foot can't move around on the very well. My Sidi boots don't have that problem.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Loving all the pictures.

About them pivot pegs. I have them on my KLR, but they took a while to get used to. After a while you don't even notice the pivot feature so I think it's kind-of a gimmick. I totally hear you about finding your position on the pegs when moving around on the bike or putting your foot back on after dabbing or taking one off during a maneuver. I've never worried too much about it though because they have such a large platform that it almost doesn't matter if you're off center for a second or two until you can get re-centered on them. Another thing is depending on the tread of your boot you can feel stuck on the peg, but that can happen with any serrated foot peg. I hear from guys using big work boots or hiking boots with block type soles that your foot can't move around on the very well. My Sidi boots don't have that problem.

Thanks Cabrito!

Sleam

Explorer
Great photos, thanks! Keep us posted about the move to the NW. Good luck and have a great time exploring.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Great photos, thanks! Keep us posted about the move to the NW. Good luck and have a great time exploring.

Thank you.

Last night I parked the moto on the new trailer I made. Will post some photos of the trailer. Seto is heading to the Cascades!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles