Seth's 97XJ

88Xj

Banned
Spot on boss. 3/4" height of the perch and 3.5" of the springs gives you 4.25 over stock. Stock measurement at the rear was 6" of I remember correctly. Tube to frame that is.

88Xj

Banned
Hey Seth after seeing your jcr I bite the bullet vs ruff stuffs. By chance do you still have your reamer?
And would the wheels clear the 1 ton tres without spacers? I've got 5.5" of back spacing, stock 15x7s and truly don't want to space them out for looks. Was curious if it were a must?

96XJ11C

Observer
Hey Seth after seeing your jcr I bite the bullet vs ruff stuffs. By chance do you still have your reamer?
And would the wheels clear the 1 ton tres without spacers? I've got 5.5" of back spacing, stock 15x7s and truly don't want to space them out for looks. Was curious if it were a must?

I do still have my reamer i will PM you about it. I may have another member interested in it. I am running the stock 15x7s and the TREs clear with no issues. Im not positive on my backspace but if you look at the wheel i have you can do some research on it. I am not running spacers in the front, Im not sure if it would clear with an OTK setup though. Thanks for your interest in my build! What about the explorer?! You deciding not to go that route?

88Xj

Banned
As for the reamer would you rent me it for a few days, ll pay shipping both ways. Only gonna need it for a few hours I'm sure:)

How are you without a stabilizer may I add? Feel fine? Gonna add one?

96XJ11C

Observer
As for the reamer would you rent me it for a few days, ll pay shipping both ways. Only gonna need it for a few hours I'm sure:)

How are you without a stabilizer may I add? Feel fine? Gonna add one?

The steering is fine without a stabilizer and i get just the slightest brief wobble when i hit a bump at 60+. I see no point in adding a stabilizer.

Dave Schramm

If you are sick of drilling holes in your dash and center console to mount all your switches you need to go to Prime4x4.com and check out their products!
They have a variety of panels for all year cherokees! This thing is sweet and really helps when wiring up accessories! Again i have failed to take photos during the install but its pretty straight forward. Remove the center console. Pop out the ashtray. Drill 4 holes in the center console for the mounting hardware. Build a wiring harness. (or order a harness from Prime4x4.com) Install panel. And re assemble console. I recommend running leads to the switches you do not have accessories for yet so you dont have to pull the console apart to wire new accessories! You can see my fog lights ran to one of the leads in the last picture.
View attachment 133977View attachment 133978View attachment 133979

nice switch panel...i like the build...

96XJ11C

Observer
Recent Trail Runs

Photos from recent runs to China Wall, Bull Park, and Rainbow Falls. I am very happy with how the OME suspension is performing. Dirk over at DPGOffroad sure does have some great systems. The Cherokee had a considerable rake to it with the 3.5" OME HD leafs with a ford 8.8 under them. The rake was starting to annoy me and i could stand to have a softer ride in the rear so i called Dirk at DPG and he guided me as to what leaf to pull from the packs. He advised i should remove the long leaf first below the main leaf. I got it done and the rear now sits 1 1/4" lower in the rear removing most all of the rake, but just enough rake to sit level when loaded with gear. Will post a pic of the stance in the next post.

Thanks for reading!

photo (92).jpgphoto (93).jpgphoto105.jpgphoto108.jpgphoto (91).jpgphoto (95).jpgphoto101.jpgphoto103.jpgphoto106.jpg

88Xj

Banned
Hey buddy I was curious how long your drag link was? Just the metal part?

Last edited:

88Xj

Banned
Jcr after I saw yours. Serious I didn't even look at. I was gonna go ruff stuff with a solid tie rod.

Get back to me about the reamer man, I need it now lol:) glad to take it off your hands.

Last edited:

96XJ11C

Observer
Jcr after I saw yours. Serious I didn't even look at. I was gonna go ruff stuff with a solid tie rod, .5" thick drag link. The jcr is only .25" but I got it at a steel and still brand new...if the tie rod bends ill just make a new 1.25" solid 1 and thread it for the tres. I tend to use my tie rod as a jack point. Only being on 31s though, ill doubt ill run into an issue.

Get back to me about the reamer man, I need it now lol:) glad to take it off your hands.

Layed up in bed with food poisoning. I will check on shipping when I'm feelin better. The shorter drag link will benefit you. Mine is collapsed all the way.

88Xj

Banned
Layed up in bed with food poisoning. I will check on shipping when I'm feelin better. The shorter drag link will benefit you. Mine is collapsed all the way.

Get better brother! Gonna need your reamer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94