Service body trailer build

Ashtonp20

I have started the planing process of this build. Any advice would be appreciated. I’m going to go with the Timbren axles with 35s on 15s. My first step I’m assuming will be to figure out tire placement and then frame width. Will be a lot of trial and error but I’ll get it done.A429C1B7-C280-4D78-9459-584FBCF8E4FF.jpeg

Attachments

• BAD45B53-3B5E-4434-9570-EF48BEF73445.jpeg
    BAD45B53-3B5E-4434-9570-EF48BEF73445.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

billiebob

Looks near perfect, but I think I'd move the tire outboard maybe an inch for more tire/frame clearance.
Looks like there is enough room outside to still have the tire fully under the body.
Unless you are matching the track of the tow vehicle....
but it looks like up travel might touch the tire to the frame.

Ashtonp20

Okay thanks. I’ll have to think about what you said. Once the axles get in I’m going to Mount them and see where are they lineup. Hopefully it will give me an idea of trailer frame and how high the service body might be. Hopefully that gives me an idea of what needs to be done to create proper tire clearance. It’s going to be a lot of mock up and testing. Going to take my time on this build. I’ve never documented or discussed anything I’ve ever done, I’m going to try to keep up with the build on this feed.

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
I have started the planing process of this build. Any advice would be appreciated. I’m going to go with the Timbren axles with 35s on 15s. My first step I’m assuming will be to figure out tire placement and then frame width. Will be a lot of trial and error but I’ll get it done.View attachment 634643
Happy to you chose Timbren products to be apart of your trailer build and we cannot wait to see the finished product!

Ashtonp20

Is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 3/16 over kill? I bought some square tubing for the frame but worried I'm going to over build it like everything I do and it be to heavy. I drive a ram 1500 and my next truck will be a 2500. the places me and my family will go I'm not worried about it being to heavy but just want to make sure I'm not just going crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles