Seriously??

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I agree that the snowsquatch gear is seriously overpriced...but I'm eyeballing the 1 gallon vacuum jug very hard. I can't find a competitor product in 304 stainless that doesn't have a leaky lid (per user reviews). I think that the mounting bracket is the deal-maker. Can screw it down in the rig just about anywhere.

Anyone tried on of these in real life?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
you referring to my bucket? that's just a home depot kitchen recycle bucket with a yeti sticker on it.my wife got $750 worth of cabelas gift cards for being really good at her job so we splurged and got 2 of every yeti cup/tumbler they had and the holders/handles for the really big tumblers.would i spend my own $ on one?doubtful,but they are really good.

If the boat is out of storage can you by chance grab the dimensions of that bucket? And how well does the lid stay closed?

hemifoot

Observer
7"x8"x11" home depot kitchen waste recycling bucket .under $10. the lid snaps shut and holds well enough to not fly open when i'm booking down the lake at 30 mph and sending my empties to hell and beyond.i need to velcro the bucket to the deck to keep it in place and the lid still stays closed.it's probably food grade plastic as well.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
7"x8"x11" home depot kitchen waste recycling bucket .under $10. the lid snaps shut and holds well enough to not fly open when i'm booking down the lake at 30 mph.i need to velcro the bucket to the deck to keep it in place and the lid still stays closed.it's probably food grade plastic as well.

Thank you, I will pick one up, been looking for a compact trash can option for our Lund.

OutOfBounds

Adventurer
I love my Yeti Rambler cup, but I used a gift card to buy it. I think Yeti makes great products, but they're way over priced. The bucket is just plain silly though.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I agree that the snowsquatch gear is seriously overpriced...but I'm eyeballing the 1 gallon vacuum jug very hard. I can't find a competitor product in 304 stainless that doesn't have a leaky lid (per user reviews). I think that the mounting bracket is the deal-maker. Can screw it down in the rig just about anywhere.

Anyone tried on of these in real life?

Hydroflask Growler. Only a half gallon but I beat on it an it hasn't leaked in the 7 or 8 years I've owned it.

SameGuy

Observer
I got a yeti metal coozy thing a few years ago for xmas. it was $40. it works as advertised, rather impressive. I was in Walmart (against my will I'll let you know) and saw the EXACT same thing, made by ozark trails i think. Bought 3 of them and not surprisingly, work exactly the same, they were $4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles