Seriously??

WhatTheZo

My mother-in-law was telling me about how some people have their yeti cups bedazzled as a symbol of social status. It's like the 2000's pimp cup of the upper class south!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dreadlocks

just noticed the $300 20lb yeti chairs that dont fold up for crap in the top bar.. guess they must be selling like hotcakes to all those people whom weigh 500lbs, go out camping, and have a spare $1200 to spend on a set of 4.

Correus

Adventurer
Sadly...the same can be said about many, many other items out there. Yeti isn't the only company that panders to those who buy "status". The wife's grandmother use to work in a vegetable cannery. She always thought it was funny that one day they would slap a "name brand" label on the cans and the next day a "low budget" label on them - they were the exact same product. When I was in purchasing for a major retail company I got to tour various factories. It was amazing how a company would make the exact same product for different companies and just slap the names of the companies on them. Some of these items went to low budget stores while their twin went to a top shelf stores.

The Wizard

Observer
Sadly...the same can be said about many, many other items out there. Yeti isn't the only company that panders to those who buy "status". The wife's grandmother use to work in a vegetable cannery. She always thought it was funny that one day they would slap a "name brand" label on the cans and the next day a "low budget" label on them - they were the exact same product. When I was in purchasing for a major retail company I got to tour various factories. It was amazing how a company would make the exact same product for different companies and just slap the names of the companies on them. Some of these items went to low budget stores while their twin went to a top shelf stores.
I can vouch for that. I had a friend in college that work in a canning plant during the summers. He said the only difference was what roll of labels they put in the machine that day.

hemifoot

Observer
I have this in my boat. It crushes cans, doesn't smell, takes itself out and dumps itself, and it only cost me $9.Chuck Norris wishes he was as good as my bucket.509677509677

Last edited:

Correus

Adventurer
I am not sure why you act surprised....Perceived Value has been one of the pillars of American capitalism for quite a while...

View attachment 509752

I think it's more along the lines of keeping up with the Joneses, or for the younger ones, the Kardashians. Why else would people go into serious debt for houses, vehicles and other "toys" they really can't afford; you know, living above one's means.

robert

Expedition Leader
Yeti can kick rocks. Fortunately they're becoming less relevant as more reasonably priced products hit the market.

earthmuffin

Observer
I don’t ever plan on owning that bucket. Kinda silly.
I do have to say though that yeti cups are my favorite. I’ve used/tried/tortured many cups and I go back to them without fail. Well worth the money to me anyway.

hemifoot

Observer
you referring to my bucket? that's just a home depot kitchen recycle bucket with a yeti sticker on it.my wife got $750 worth of cabelas gift cards for being really good at her job so we splurged and got 2 of every yeti cup/tumbler they had and the holders/handles for the really big tumblers.would i spend my own $ on one?doubtful,but they are really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles