Sequoia springs on 1st gen Tundra?

Toyaddict

Silly question for you folks. I have an 03 ac Tundra and I was given a set of springs off an 06 Sequoia. If I buy some 5100s can I use these springs and achieve little to no lift? I would like to keep it at stock height for a number of reasons. Thanks.

Kpack

Adventurer
I'm not positive on the answer, but I believe there is no difference between Sequoia and Tundra front ends. The thing that may make a difference is the year, and the fact that your truck is an AC and not a DC. I believe the DC and Sequoia's are more similar in dimensions (width of body and such) than the AC's. Does that make a difference in front springs? No idea, but probably not. Why not put the springs on the 5100's and try them on? The 5100's are adjustable up and down, so you should be able to stay close to stock ride height if you want.

Toyaddict

I'm not positive on the answer, but I believe there is no difference between Sequoia and Tundra front ends. The thing that may make a difference is the year, and the fact that your truck is an AC and not a DC. I believe the DC and Sequoia's are more similar in dimensions (width of body and such) than the AC's. Does that make a difference in front springs? No idea, but probably not. Why not put the springs on the 5100's and try them on? The 5100's are adjustable up and down, so you should be able to stay close to stock ride height if you want.

They do appear to be the same from my research, I was hoping to avoid ordering the 5100s until I knew for certain though.

Kpack

Adventurer
They do appear to be the same from my research, I was hoping to avoid ordering the 5100s until I knew for certain though.
Guys throw 5100's on Sequoia's all the time, so fit-wise it won't be an issue. The only question is the spring rate. I don't know if it's different or not for Sequoia's vs AC Tundra's. Again, no harm in trying the setup and seeing how it works. Worst case scenario would be getting some inexpensive springs to replace the ones from the Sequoia if they end up providing any sort of lift.

GTV

I’m almost certain the spring rate is different as the Sequoia is a lot heavier than the Tundra. Either way I’d bet 5100’s on the bottom notch (stock height) will be close enough to factory ride height.

Kpack

Adventurer
I’m almost certain the spring rate is different as the Sequoia is a lot heavier than the Tundra. Either way I’d bet 5100’s on the bottom notch (stock height) will be close enough to factory ride height.
Might actually work in OP's favor if he's looking at adding a winch bumper in the future. But even then, stock springs usually aren't enough to hold up the weight of a bumper and winch.

Toyaddict

Installed them today on the bottom notch, ride height after settling is within a 1/4" of what it was before. Definitely firmed the ride up, much better than the floaty caddy like ride it had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles