Sequoia lifted w/tires and wheels!

stom_m3

Observer
So it's not necessarily a LC but close. So after long deliberations about everything under the sun, I finally decided on my tire/wheel combo along with a my lift. I ended up going with Toyo MT's 275/70/18 (33.6") and the KMC Monster 18x9 with the 35mm offset. I got the 35mm because I didn't want the tires to stick out beyond the fender wells. They happen to line up perfectly! I also was able to have the spare fit which was an important requirement for me because I didn't want to huck that huge thing on the roof!

For the suspension, I got Icon C/O's up front along with the TC UCA. For the rear, I got custom springs made 2" of lift.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the setup. The front is a little on the high side and I need to lower it about 3/4" to make it flat to the rear. The ride is surprisingly good. The Toyo's hum a little bit but that was expected. I'll let things settle and reset the suspension. Also I have zero rubbing issues.

I'll be heading to Mammoth next weekend to try things out on some trails.

Here's the finished product;

steven

Last edited:

mires

Adventurer
Nice! I always wondered if a Sequoia would look good lifted a bit. Turns out the answer is Yes!!

stom_m3

Observer
Looks good. I'd remove the step on the side before doing any offroading.

I was planning on getting custom rock sliders but wanted to hit some trails before making the decision. I've been quoted $450 a $750 for welded on rock sliders.

Other than that, the next steps will be recovery gear.

Blain

Adventurer
Looks good. You'll be very happy with the TOYO's! I've had mine on for about a year and not a single complaint!

Bobfab

Observer
Where are you located and where have you gotten quotes for Rocksliders?
Im in SD/Socal Area and in search of a fabricator who is familiar with custom sliders. Care to share?

Best looking sequoia ive seen yet :Wow1:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
X2 on the sliders - I'd remove the steps so you can sell them before the damage happens and put that money toward the sliders. You'll thank yourself for spending the money the first time you hear he clunk or grinding sounds and dont have to put a few grand into the body shop. They are an item I always recommend to be on the short list for my customers when they ask what to do first. I had a customer with a Tacoma who destroyed his rocker and lower door half because it was on the long list. He now agrees they are definitely a short list item!

stom_m3

Observer
Where are you located and where have you gotten quotes for Rocksliders?
Im in SD/Socal Area and in search of a fabricator who is familiar with custom sliders. Care to share?

Best looking sequoia ive seen yet :Wow1:

Hi Bobfab - I live in SD too. The two shops I've found to do Rock Sliders are Off Road Warehouse on Balboa (Talk to Junior) and SD Truck Shop (James). ORW was a little more expensive but I've seen both shops examples.

steven

Hawk Thor

Nice looking Sequoia indeed. I was wondering, is the Sequoia in concept like the old 4Runner? Is the Sequoia a wagon Tundra like the 4Runner was/is a wagon Hilux?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles