Seneca CCC Camp

FrankoH

My wife and I had to drop off some baby supplies for family that lives in Ohio, we live in NE Pennsylvania. We met at the Seneca CCC camp, where we were able to camp overnight for free. There seems to be an abundance of free camping around upstate New York. It's about a 4 hour drive for us, and our Ohio relatives. We towed our Jayco Hummingbird 17' with our Big Ugly 2004 Chevy 2500hd. A nice, uneventful trip. Nothing big like a lot of folks on here, but fun, nonetheless!20210405_083555.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
My wife and I had to drop off some baby supplies for family that lives in Ohio, we live in NE Pennsylvania. We met at the Seneca CCC camp, where we were able to camp overnight for free. There seems to be an abundance of free camping around upstate New York. It's about a 4 hour drive for us, and our Ohio relatives. We towed our Jayco Hummingbird 17' with our Big Ugly 2004 Chevy 2500hd. A nice, uneventful trip. Nothing big like a lot of folks on here, but fun, nonetheless!View attachment 653074
I have a 2500hd too. I downsized from a 30’ trailer, couldn’t fit it in a lot of camp grounds.
You got a gas or diesel? What kind of mpg do you get towing that?

FrankoH

I have a 2500hd too. I downsized from a 30’ trailer, couldn’t fit it in a lot of camp grounds.
You got a gas or diesel? What kind of mpg do you get towing that?
6.0 gasser. It was a former horse hauler. Beat up and cheap. I was going to just use it for a winter beater but I love the ugly truck. So much that I bought a really nice cab and frame which I am working on doing a solid axle swap to. I want virtually no lift over stock. I will get the new frame galvanized before installing. I put a reman 6.0 from ATK (Specific for a Cadillac Escalade for more compression) and my friend remapped the computer. I get around 14 mpg all around (better on highway) and probably 10-12 towing our Jayco. Sometimes better. It is really an enjoyable truck to drive. Everything works in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior