Semi urgent truck selection help needed

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I wish my 3500 had the manual transfer case, if I had ordered it then it would have had that and vinyl floors.

ripperj

Explorer
I’m going to ask if they can Carpet delete at the dealer. If so I’ll take the truck home and take the carpet out(assuming the vinyl is under??)

The manual transfer lever would be more exciting if it also had manual free spin hubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ripperj

Explorer
Limited slip, no locker
Truck is sweet

9945e453efceefa198154116332f64e4.jpg

9fff38ea20d0dc39657058702d620ce4.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I’m going to ask if they can Carpet delete at the dealer. If so I’ll take the truck home and take the carpet out(assuming the vinyl is under??)

The manual transfer lever would be more exciting if it also had manual free spin hubs

I doubt you’ll find a vinyl floor under the carpet.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There's no vinyl under the carpet lol, but you might be able to order the vinyl and replace the carpet. It'll require unbolting the seats at a minimum and likely the console as well.

nickw

Adventurer
4x4 with a manual transfer case- a real lever with an actual knob on the end that actually moves gears… (language removed by admin)

I haven't laughed that hard at a post in a long time.....frickin' love it...

nickw

Adventurer
Nice truck - I just got a 21' 2500 w/6.4 gas.....Tradesman, found what I could get but had to settle for Chrome package, electric Tcase and carpet. I really like the truck.....

UglyViking

Can someone school me on the preference for the vinyl flooring? I'd assume that it doesn't have any water drains, and if so it's not like you can spray it out. I'd imagine that the carpet helps with sound and you can easily add husky liners to get the same protection while also being able to take them out. What am I missing?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
The vinyl floor has insulation/carpet pad under it same as carpet so I doubt there’s much sound difference.
I like that you can sweep it out. Around here the carpet gets loaded up with street salt and it gets rock hard and nasty.
I’m not sure why carpet was ever an option, it’s not like you’re walking around without shoes in your truck.

A tip though, don’t armor all your vinyl floor. Gets a bit slippery.lol

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Vinyl is much easier to clean and no vacuum required. I'd still use Husky mats with a Vinyl floor but at least I don't have stuff stuck in it like you do with carpet. Insulating from sound is the same as carpet, no difference there.

UglyViking

Fair enough. I'd worry about squeaky sounds from vinyl floor and husky mats, but if that's a non-issue I can see the appeal.

Alloy

Can someone school me on the preference for the vinyl flooring? I'd assume that it doesn't have any water drains, and if so it's not like you can spray it out. I'd imagine that the carpet helps with sound and you can easily add husky liners to get the same protection while also being able to take them out. What am I missing?

We don't have much salt on the road here. When off road most of the time there's gravel on the roads. Also bang snow mud off my boots.

Our car has vinyl. We use a vacuum and wipe it down to clean the dirt off.

The shop vac has to be used on the carpet in the truck.

Both vinyl and carpet limit the road/engine noise from outside but the carpet reduces the noise once it gets inside the cab. Like it will in a home.

We ordered our next truck with carpet becsause the dealer said it has a better resale and our dog said :) he likes laying on carpet more.

STREGA

Explorer
Nice truck. Since it has carpet already just get some floor mats and call it good. My PW has the carpet with the OEM floor mats and it works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior