SEMA Transit 4wd Camper Van 1/2 way done with Sportsmobile Poptop, Quadvan 4x4, Aluminess, Extreme Outback, Scheel-Mann

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Looking forward to following along with your build. I’m glad to hear your hospital is taking good care of you.

By trade I work in prosthetics & orthotics, and find it especially rewarding to help individuals overcome their challenges. Unfortunately I’m not able to do that work at this time for medical reasons and the hospital I’m working for hasn’t been at all supportive. In the meantime I’ll just have to live vicariously through what you are doing.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Put together a video on all the goodies that have recently arrived....
A crazy ring from 7P
2 air compressors, because why not
thermal camera (such a cool toy)
Method wheels
and more

mobydick 11

Just watched the video , its great . I will be following along . My wife has informed me that when she retires in a few years she wants a van , not my hillbilly trucks . I hear that Ford will have 4 wheel drive on the transit soon . that could save a lot on a build like yours maybe ? Thanks

1leglance

Just watched the video , its great . I will be following along . My wife has informed me that when she retires in a few years she wants a van , not my hillbilly trucks . I hear that Ford will have 4 wheel drive on the transit soon . that could save a lot on a build like yours maybe ? Thanks

The 2020 AWD Transit is just that, all wheel drive, which might be fine for many but I want a true 2 speed transfer case with Low Range like Quadvan builds.
In the desert southwest and Baja I do crawl over rocks and deal with trails where I want the control gearing gives.
I am going with 3.73 gears & lockers as the suspension won't have alot of flex and 33in tires are big on these vans :)

1leglance

Fail...yep first fail today but at least it saved me time and money.
I always like to work with people smarter than me and who will tell me when I am wrong......

1leglance

Ok folks, things are heading toward full tilt…..I am down to just Tires & Lockers as the last items to hunt down.
Here is my second unboxing video, time to show off some cool Victron gear, Rollercams, SafeJack goodies and more.

1leglance

I wrote up a budget and updated it with where the cash is flowing up to this point.
All about full disclosure for everyone, unless I say I got a discount or price is To Be Determined (TBD) then I am paying the amount shown.

You can read the details on the website, I will try to update it at least once a week

but for those who don't want to click around here is the meat right off the bone.....oh and my running total might be off now and then, sorry
$34k Van : 2019 Ford Transit 130 RB LR 3.5 ecoboost
$14k Sportsmobile colar matched poptop & more
$???k Quadvan 4wd conversion getting everything they have ?
$3k Alumiess front bumper
$600 Extreme Outback Endura compressor (x2), tank and all the bits
$270 ARB X-Jack
$560 MaxxTrax (4 red board & mounting pins) 20% disc
$2550 Van Compass tuned rear Fox resi shocks, storage box, bump stops, grab handles, ditch light brackets, front Bilstein struts
$ Vehicle Graphics
$788 Method 701 (x5) & lug nuts w/ shipping (50% disc)
$ Rock Solid Products custom roof rack and panel inserts and more
$ Tires, mount & balance
$ TBD Lightforce LED lights (price depends on how much I help them)
$ TBD Mile Marker winch (price depends on how much I help them)
$110 Winch cradle for rec’r hitch, out of stock at Mile Marker
$800 Northern Arizona Wind & Sun solar panel and misc bits
$1034 Heatshield Products (if I get the right media coverage 100% refund possible)
$ Misc circuit breakers, wire, zip ties, loom and more
$ Plus nuts for interior mounting options
$ L-track
$ TBD Rollercam straps of all kinds (price depends on how much I help)
$ TBD SafeJack Rennstands, Bottle Jack, Jack plate (price depends on how much I help them)
$ 7P International Recovery Ring/Soft Shackle (10% disc)
$ Paint for fab work
$ Glue, panel & vinyl for interior
$1500 Scheel-man driver/pass seats (demo units at disc)
$ 700 Fridge (NIB off craigslist, but I would still like a partner on that)
$ Owl Vans Rear tire carrier and Sherpa panel
$ TBD 23Zero Peregrine 270deg awning & walls (price depends on help)
$ TBD Racechip Tuning setup (price depends on how much I help)
$59,912 total so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz