SEMA Show 2021

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Dee Zee was showing this roof top tent. I thought the way that it folds was interesting:

DeeZeeRTT.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
iCamper's roof top tent is capable of handling cargo and still tipping up. Nice capability.

iCamper1.jpg

iCamper2.jpg

So does the tip-up RTT from Overland Vehicle Systems:

OVS1.jpg

OVS2.jpg

iCamper also was showing this tent, which connects to their roof top tent and provides a fairly large ground shelter:

iCamperGroundShelter1.jpg

And they were showing this cooker for use over campfires. It's like a Skottle but for a fire.

iCamperDisco.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Overland Vehicle Systems was also showing a ground tent; this one looks like a Jeep could be backed up to it for access through the tailgate:

OVSGroundShelter2.jpg

And also this roof top tent, which is made from a very strong ripstop fabric. I like the fabric a lot.

OVSRipStopRTT.jpg

OVSRipStopFabric.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Almost all of the Jeeps at the show were lifted, but this one is extreme. I wonder where they keep a ladder to get into it?

WillysLifted.jpg

These two went the other way...

LowRiderGladiator1.jpg

LowRiderGladiator2.jpg

LowRiderFSJ2.jpg

LowRiderFSJ1.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The Jeep Magneto concept is all-electric, with an electric blue interior...

Magneto1.jpg

A 4-door in the Jeep display with the same interior.

ElectricBlue1.jpg

And matching luggage...

ElectricBlue2.jpg

lloydrage

I spotted this rack on the back of a Jeep in the American Adventure Labs booth:

AALSpareRack1.jpg

AALSpareRack2.jpg

It mounts on the spare tire. It's got a metal "saddle" that goes on top of the tire and two ratchet straps that go around the tire.

They told me it starts at $400.
I really like that, 400 is steep but seems like it could be useful

toddz69

Explorer
Thanks for all the photos as well! I go every year as well (I think this was year 24 for me) and I always miss something because the show is so huge so I like to see what all I miss from other folks' photos. I had no idea Rotopax made a spigot for their containers - something else to buy :).

I'm a Bronco guy so this year was pretty neat to see all the new rigs and the goodies for them. It was also an odd year with so much empty space and plenty of tables/chairs everywhere for seating. I missed seeing so many of my favorite vendors this year. We also had downturns in the years following 9/11 and after the recession in 08/09 but this one hurt the most, I think. On the flip side, it was nice being able to take photos again without having everyone in the frame and constantly bumping into people in the aisles.

Todd Z.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A section of the show was devoted to electric customs.

Electrified.jpg

Customs there included an original Bronco, a VW Thing and a dragster, and this FJ:

FJ40Electric1.jpg

FJ40Electric2.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
And speaking of electric vehicles...

The 4wd/Offroad/Truck section of the show was in the new West Hall of the convention center. It's quite a walk from the South Hall (where Jeep is) to the West Hall but to make that easier Elon Musk's Boring Company provided a solution (yes, that's the real name because their business is boring tunnels). There's now a tunnel system running between all the halls and transportation in the tunnel is provided by Tesla SUV's. I rode it from the West Hall to the Central Hall.

BoringTunnel1.jpg

BoringTunnel2.jpg

There's a display on the dash showing the surface map and where the Tesla is under the surface (the red triangle in this image):

BoringTunnel3.jpg

The Tesla's have a driver for now but I hear the plan is to implement autonomous Teslas in the tunnel in the future.

Pretty cool.

greg.potter

Adventurer
And speaking of electric vehicles...

The 4wd/Offroad/Truck section of the show was in the new West Hall of the convention center. It's quite a walk from the South Hall (where Jeep is) to the West Hall but to make that easier Elon Musk's Boring Company provided a solution (yes, that's the real name because their business is boring tunnels). There's now a tunnel system running between all the halls and transportation in the tunnel is provided by Tesla SUV's. I rode it from the West Hall to the Central Hall.

BoringTunnel1.jpg

BoringTunnel2.jpg

There's a display on the dash showing the surface map and where the Tesla is under the surface (the red triangle in this image):

BoringTunnel3.jpg

The Tesla's have a driver for now but I hear the plan is to implement autonomous Teslas in the tunnel in the future.

Pretty cool.

Autonomous vehicle definitely have there place if the environment is controlled enough. They are used extensively now for haul truck applications in mining. I think it will be some time before they are widely accepted in driving environments with a lot of unpredictable variables. But human ingenuity and technology marches on!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
If you keep losing your 10mm sockets then the eBay booth in the business services area was the place to go. They were handing out sets of 4 10mm sockets (2 are 1/4" drive and 2 are 3/8). Along with them they were giving a $15 discount card for any purchase on eBay - it's good for paying on any auction.

eBaySockets.jpg

They weren't keeping track of people who they gave the sockets to, so if you wanted to "double dip" (or more) you could keep going by the booth ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles