SEMA Show 2021

billiebob

Many thanks for this thread Jeff, great coverage of all the things I'd want to see too.

ps, the tandem axle Jeep conversions blow me away. MOST of the Jeep mods are right on even if over the top but the tandem axle conversions are done by grade schoolers, does no one understand when you have 2 axles at the back they want to direct you in a straight line. Watch a real tandem axle truck turning a sharp corner, watch the wild sidewall deflection..... ya cannot drive a tandem unless the tires are real tall like 80 profile and super flexible. Low profile wide tires are idiotic on a tandem.

billiebob

A section of the show was devoted to electric customs.

Electrified.jpg

Customs there included an original Bronco, a VW Thing and a dragster, and this FJ:

FJ40Electric1.jpg

FJ40Electric2.jpg
this is so cool, make an e vehicle look like a V8..... love to hear the spectator comments

actually looks like freight train V6s

There's an exhibit at the show this year called the "Baja 1000 Experience" and it features vehicles that have competed in that race. Two historic Jeeps from the Baja 1000:

Baja1000Jeepster.jpg

Baja1000FSJ.jpg
Dennis Sletten who owns the Brian Chuchua Holy Toledo, and the Bowman truck is buying the Wagoneer that is my avatar for now.
My Wagoneer was Brian Chuchua's, hence the color on my Waggy is the same as the Jeepster. The Waggy towing the Holy Toledo will be very cool. Plus I think Dennis needs my Wagoneer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94