SEMA Show 2021

jscherb

Expedition Leader
thank you for posting these!!! If you see the Teraflex booth, Id love to see some photos. thanks!!!
This is the only space listed in the show guide for Teraflex, looks like they were a last minute no-show.

Teraflex.jpg

lloydrage

Quadratec was showing their "YJL" Anniversary build.

YJL.jpg

YJL1.jpg

YJL5.jpg

Complete with Overland Outfitters Zip & Go bags on the seats and Saddlebags on the sides...

YJL3.jpg

YJL2.jpg

YJL4.jpg
I saw that Jeep at EJS2021 and spent about 30 minutes looking at it and discussing it with the fabricator, Greg. Amazing Jeep, amazing talent and really cool dude. I would gladly trade my Jeep for this thing. Hands down my favorite wrangler Ive ever seen in person. My favorite mod was the fuel door moved

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Forgive me for posting more about Broncos, but there are more Broncos at SEMA this year than Jeeps. (well, I haven't done a full count, but I'd be willing to bet that's true).

I think Ford has done a very nice job designing and engineering the Bronco's support for roof racks. This Bronco with a roof top tent was outside in the huge Ford area:

BroncoRack1.jpg

The front mount for the rack interested me so I looked closer. It bolts to the windshield frame:

BroncoRack2.jpg

Broncos have removable panel in the windshield frame - when the panel is popped off, the bolt hole(s) (I'm not sure if it's one or more holes) is revealed:

BroncoRack3.jpg

The rear of the rack may bolt through the hardtop into the roll bar, although I wasn't able to verify that.

BroncoRack4.jpg

BroncoRack5.jpg

And the roll bar has threaded holes on top to support racks with or without the hardtop:

BroncoRack6.jpg

It's easy on a Bronco to mount racks on top of the roll bars, so there are a number of aftermarket racks already available.

BroncoRack8.jpg

BroncoRack7.jpg

I like what the Bronco designers have done. It's much more functional than the complete lack of roof rack support that the Jeep has.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I spotted this rack on the back of a Jeep in the American Adventure Labs booth:

AALSpareRack1.jpg

AALSpareRack2.jpg

It mounts on the spare tire. It's got a metal "saddle" that goes on top of the tire and two ratchet straps that go around the tire.

They told me it starts at $400.

Zeep

Adventurer
Always said that Ford bringing the Bronco back, will make Jeep better!
I'm sure will see improvements to the roof and roll bars, in the near future.

jgaz

Adventurer
Thanks for the pictures Jeff.
I only attended SEMA once. I wish everyone was lucky enough to visit this show in person

jscherb

Expedition Leader
These aren't Jeeps so forgive me for that, but there were quite a few FJ40/45's at the show. Here are a few.

FJ401a.jpg

FJ401b.jpg

FJ402a.jpg

FJ402b.jpg

FJ403.jpg

FJ404a.jpg

FJ404b.jpg

The above photo reminded me of the FJ40 jump seats that I used in the back of my Scrambler a long time ago:

DSCN4287_zpsg8hsokn6.jpg

Can hardly see this one because of all the shocks hanging in front of it:

FJ4045.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne