SEMA Show 2021

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've attended every SEMA Show since 2010 and I'm at the show again this year. In this thread I'll post things I find interesting.

If anyone is interested in seeing who is exhibiting at the show, SEMA has an online interactive floorplan available: https://sema21.mapyourshow.com/8_0/floorplan/. If there's a vendor exhibiting that you think has new products worth seeing and reporting on, let me know and I'll try to go by their display.

I arrived at the show before opening to spend some time looking at the outside displays. There were more Broncos outisde than Jeeps but I'll start with an LJ (or maybe it's a TJ, whatever it is it is stretched beyond LJ length.

Genright1.jpg

Genright1a.jpg

Genright1b.jpg

Genright1c.jpg

This one's from Yukon Gear, the tub is either a CJ or YJ.

Yukon1.jpg

Yukon1a.jpg

A nice dual-cab Forward Control set up for camping.

FC1.jpg

FC1a.jpg

A resto-mod FSJ:

FSJ1.jpg

FSJ1a.jpg

I will end up posting some Bronco photos in this thread - forgive me for that but Ford has gotten a lot of things right. They've got a huge Bronco presence at the show, including this test track, which attendees can get a ride on. It's got a huge "Bronco Mountain"; to the left of the mountain is a washboard test area and in the foreground is very deep sand.

BroncoTestTrack.jpg

Lots more to come this is only a small fraction of the outside photos I took this morning and the show isn't even open yet.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The MOPAR/Stellantis display is in the South Hall (tire displays) as it is every year. Most years the 4wd/offroad area is in the same hall but on the floor above, so you can see the Jeep display as you come down the escalator but this year the 4wd/offroad section is in the new west all, as far as possible away from the South Hall. With all the Bronco presence at the show this year and the 4wd/offroad and OVerland Experience sections being very far from Jeep, I'll bet Jeep will be feeling a bit outclassed by Ford this year.

The MOPAR/Stellantis display:

MOPARDisplay.jpg

But they do have a few interesting things to show. The Overlook Concept is a 12" stretched JLU with third row seating.

Overlook.jpg

Overlook1.jpg

OverlookRear2.jpg

OverlookRoof2.jpg

OverlookRoof.jpg

OverlookInterior2.jpg

OverlookInterior3.jpg

Lots more photos to come.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The M725 concept.

M725a.jpg

It's got a pop-top:

M725b.jpg

M725c.jpg

Inside is a tap, apparently they designed this one for refreshments.

M725g.jpg

An ammo can for the shifter.

M725h.jpg

A 392 under the hood.

M725f.jpg

M725d.jpg

M725e.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This isn't a Jeep but I found the side mount interesting:

WindowSuction1.jpg

WindowSuction2.jpg

On the top it attaches the to roof rack. On the bottom it attaches to the window with suction cups.

WindowSuction3.jpg

The other side has a water container with the spigot facing down for dispensing:

WindowSuction4.jpg

This photo isn't so clear but it's got suction cups too.

WindowSuction5.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
There are a couple of 6x6 Jeeps at the show. I don't know if these are good for anything other than displaying at a show, I can't imagine they're very nimble on a tight switchback trail.

6x61.jpg

6x62b.jpg

6x62a.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
MORryde had their new Jeep in the show. This was great news for me, because it meant that they didn't have to borrow my Jeep for the show this year :).

MORryde1.jpg

Back in 2017 they built a back-half tub to display some of their Jeep products. For this year, they turned it into a real trailer and actually towed it from Elkhart, Indiana to Las Vegas. It's still more of a display piece for Jeep products than a complete trailer, but they've got big plans for it.

MORrydeTrailer2.jpg

It's packing the Trax Kitchen that I designed for Tentrax a year ago:

MORrydeTrailer1.jpg

In the back it's got the MORryde Overland Rack on the tailgate.

MORrydeTrailer2a.jpg

And here's what's really interesting about it - MORryde, as an RV component manufacturer, makes an air suspension for larger RV trailers. They threw one of them under this trailer:

MORrydeTrailer3.jpg

MORrydeTrailer4.jpg

They also make an axle-less version of this suspension. MORryde should be a company to watch in the small offroad trailer space...

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting the info with the show Jeeps. Cool stuff.

Oh, and here is the Rotopax spigot for those interested. I've been meaning to order a couple.

Happy to share the photos here.

I did a DIY spigot back in 2017:

RubicanSpigot2_zpslxsmmby4.jpg

RubicanSpigot3_zpsbeasal55.jpg

I used this spigot from ebay, it's still available: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171145687023...:MEBIDX:IT.

All it took was a circle of plastic with a hole in it to mount the spigot:

RubicanSpoutInsert_zpstz5wpsbx.jpg

It worked very well.

CFMGarage

Thank you for these photos. If the trend continues, pretty soon there won't be a single space on any 4x4 vehicle where you don't have a mount available for some liquid or tool or table.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I spotted this mounting grid bolted to the tailgate hinges of a Bronco:

BroncoTailgateGrid.jpg

A few years ago I did a similar prototype for the JK and TJ. The JK prototype:

HiLiftAndShovelOnGrid.jpg

GatezillaRackPrototype1a.jpg

The TJ version:

HingeGrid2.jpg

HingeGrid1.jpg

I never did anything with the design except build and test these prototypes, but I do think it can be a useful thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior