SEMA 2021 - Jeep Wrangler Overlook Concept

deserteagle56

Adventurer
I love it! This would fit my needs to a T...I have a 2-door Rubicon now but I really need something more overlanding friendly. If I could get one of these it would probably replace both my Rubicon and my E350 4x4. I even love that exterior color! Perfect for desert travels. The interior, not so much. I hate black interiors. If they build it I hope a tan interior will be available...and the diesel engine.

oldnslow

Observer
Lowering the rear of the roof and you will have the new 1960's station wagon, with 4 wheel drive and a spare tire on the outside.

Don't lower the roof and you have a late 1960s Olds Vista-Cruiser with 4 wheel drive, etc. Toss the rear seats and you have a dandy camper. I would love one of these! Almost as good as the Africa concept.

I would like it even better if it were available with something other than black for the interior. Black interiors in Arizona (or anywhere else in the southwest) are ovens.

I like this, but with the third row of seats removed. Would be a very nice combination of my old LR Disco (see profile pic) and my new JL Rubicon Unlimited. Wonder how serious Jeep is about production of this model? The trails we actually negotiate or plan to be on would all be fine with a Gladiator/Overland whatsis length vehicle. Add in the Rubicon package so I can still get my lockers, throw in the Fox shocks from the Mojave, and then they could overcharge for a really nice Jeep!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Jeep also released these photos in advance of showing the Overlook at SEMA:

OverlookInterior1.jpg

Looks like it uses the standard rear liftgate:

OverlookRear.jpg

I was hoping it would have a barn door like the Africa concept:

CN015_028JPqfe6b38fuv1vrd8j197gi8530f.jpg

But I suppose if there's a possibility of production having the standard glass liftgate makes it easier to get into production.

I'll do some more photos of it when I'm at SEMA.

I was going to say I prefer the barn door like my Land Rover. I wouldn't run out and trade my JLU Rubicon for one, but next time I traded this would be on my short list along with a Gladiator Mojave.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'd definitely like this with an Ursa Top conversion, or even more with an Alu-Cab conversion like the Icarus/Thor/Hercules.

It has less overhang than a JT, so with a conversion top, it would be the perfect technical overlander.

Jurfie

Adventurer
I'd definitely like this with an Ursa Top conversion, or even more with an Alu-Cab conversion like the Icarus/Thor/Hercules.

It has less overhang than a JT, so with a conversion top, it would be the perfect technical overlander.

I agree a conversion top would be amazing, but that brings a significant extra cost (plus weight). Less weight = more nimble. Less cost = more toys (oops, I mean "essential gear").

With the extra 12" length, you'd get 86" from the back of the passenger seat (fully forward and vertical back) to the tailgate; that's long enough even for me (at 6'-6") to stretch out inside. With a custom built raised storage on one side with a single bed on top, it would make a great option for a single camper.

Bullseye240

Adventurer
If it does get made it will only be because it has the third row of seats. No other reason. They won't even make it an option to get it with the third row deleted. Heck you'll be lucky if it's removable without tools. Then after a while it will they'll stop selling two door versions because they just don't sell as well as the four door versions that everybody seems to want, especially the ones with the third row seats. Then the next model will come with IFS because everybody is complaining about the "rough ride" and "poor handling" of the old suspension system. The model after that the roof and doors will no longer come off because nobody takes them off anymore anyway. Pretty soon the round headlights, vertical seven slot grill, flat windshield and signature fenders will be nothing but a memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles