SEMA 2018

jscherb

Expedition Leader
true and nothing wrong with your set up which is nice, but there has to be some other cool stuff too...
JLs far outnumbered JKs at the show this year; there were some JKs and JK products there and I'll check my camera to see what else I can post but unfortunately this year the demands on my time at the show didn't allow me to spend a lot of time taking photos.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Here's a JK/JKU product shown at SEMA - Bestop CORE half doors. They appear to be cast aluminum, have factory-style weatherstripping, and support factory uppers. Also they have a removable center panel. My quick look at these makes me think they'll be the best aftermarket half doors on the market.

BestopCore1_zpsv7pl39vj.jpg

BestopCore2_zps587khk6l.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Any details on the cliffride Jeep with the big camper box on the back? That thing is sweet!
I didn't ask Tony about many details but he told me that they had done the molds for the few different parts to make both JL and JK versions. He said the interior was unfinished at this point so he kept it closed the entire show. The pop-up was much closer to being finished, it was open for the show.

BradS

Here's a JK/JKU product shown at SEMA - Bestop CORE half doors. They appear to be cast aluminum, have factory-style weatherstripping, and support factory uppers. Also they have a removable center panel. My quick look at these makes me think they'll be the best aftermarket half doors on the market.

BestopCore1_zpsv7pl39vj.jpg

BestopCore2_zps587khk6l.jpg
I never really considered half doors until I saw these. They look like they'd keep the weather at bay as well as the stock full doors do (my carpets are perpetually wet this time of year). Next problem will be price. I'd be surprised if I could get these for under $2k CAD, considering you need mirrors too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne