Selection of cool trucks from Iraq and UAE

gjackson

FRGS
So I was a bit torn on where to post these, but they count to me as a completed adventure. I recently spent 15 days in Iraq and a few days in Dubai and thought I'd post up a selection of cool trucks not available in the US.

Mmmmmmmmm

IQ_UAE_TRKS_001.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_002.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_003.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_004.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_005.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_006.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_007.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_008.JPG

IQ_UAE_TRKS_009.JPG

Gotta love that diesel metal. :drool:

cheers

Blain

Adventurer
Cool pics. What part of Iraq were you in?

My last deployment was in Fallujah, I saw a black 08' Nissan Xterra driving around the city ( I have an 07' Xterra) Thought it was kinda cool, wasn't able to get a pic.

gjackson

FRGS
The Great Wall was in the IZ, the 110 and the 78 Troopie were at Al Asad, the UN Troopie was at Baghdad International and all the rest were around Dubai.

I spent the majority of my time at Al Asad, the rest was all transit time. Drove by Fallujah twice, but didn't go into the town.

I also saw an old 404 unimog on the airbase, but didn't get a pic of that. When were you there?

cheers

gjackson

FRGS
Was this your Labor Day vacation? sun, sand. roadside bombs.

Yeah. :)

So does anyone have any performance stats on the Great Wall Deer? (First pic) Seems to be a Chinese clone of the Toyota Hilux. Just wondering if it is independent or if Toyota had a hand in it.

cheers

EDIT:
Okay, so it is independent, but has already been sued by Fiat for infringement. The Deers I saw all looked to be 4x4, but the web site only seems to list the 2x4.
http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/models/deer.asp

Have to say, this interior option screams Expedition West 4.0 :)

red.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier