secure pots, pans, plates etc. storage

scandy

I'm very limited on space in my build for storing pots, pants and misc. kitchen stuff. I have a small space under my sink beside my water pump and water tank that i'd like to use, but because of all my plumbing I really cant have things banging around. I've been searching around amazon for some wire storage racks that i think could work well. maybe run some shock cord on them to hold things in place.
I'm planning on one 12" skillet, one 8-10" pot, a small camp style tea kettle, and two sets of plates, bowls, and silverware. maybe one more skillet if i can fit it.

so not a whole lot. are there any better ideas out there? I feel like this is a common thing people have to deal with, im sure theres ideas or products that would work well.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Maybe to keep them from 'banging around' it might be advisable to secure them in a bag of some sort.
Since it appears you are going for service for two it may be easier to reduce the sizes of items to get a nesting set and use shock cords to secure them.
I have not seen nesting units that are as large as you require and since I cannot see your space for them I would have trouble thinking of ways to arrange the items. Like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076DW5T6...&pd_rd_r=449c03e5-b08e-11e8-8742-1712fd196554
I use Front Runner boxes to contain my cooking items but a 8 inch and 6 inch skillet is as large as I can go and a 6 inch pot that I got at a thrift store. Everything else, cooking tools and flatware is contained in bags to keep it easy to find.

9/5 edit: I use old wash cloth fabric and quick dry cloths between the pots to avoid rattles and scratching the non stick surfaces.

Last edited:

doug720

Expedition Leader
I use soft non slide shelf lining between the pots and plates, and on the shelf in our motorhome and and storage boxes.

It works, it's cheap and easy to use, and weighs nothing. It also protects the finish.

Reactions: MCX

NeverEnough

Adventurer
I use the Magma nesting cookware in my camper and my white-water kitchen box. Well worth it, lasts a long time, performs well, stores very compact, and has a nice padded bag option. Lot's of cooking options in a very small space!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles