Seating Options

Chorky

Observer
Ok all. So as I sit here in pain from lower back problems over the last several weeks, still waiting for ortho to give me an MRI I am contemplating things. Not able to do things like normal, but so far been given the 'ok' by the doc even though a lumbar disc issue is highly suspect as contrary as it is. I am turning my attention towards my truck - seating. As in my sig, I have a '97 F350. Well built so far. The factory seats (and overall ride) is significantly more comfortable than my '06 TJ; however, I fear as age continues, long trips, especially on the backroads, will be come more challenging and painful, and thus reduce the desire to do them. So I'm beginning to look into seat options for the future.

Chris swears by Scheel-Mann Vario F XXL seats as seen here:

Wondering if anyone else has similar experience with these, or might have other recommendations Fortunately the factory seats in the truck are pretty ok for now, but after 600 miles over the last 2 days, I know something different in the future will be needed.

Thoughts?

Note: cross posted in 'Domestic: Full Size' section as well

Imbecile

The guys over on sportmobile rant and rave about how good the scheelmann seats are. Personally i cant see spending $3000 per seat. I know for a fact that you can buy semi truck style seats with air suspension to install in the F series pickups because i was wanting to put them in my E-series van but they dont make adapters for the vans, but they do make them for the F-series pickups. $3000 per seat from scheelman is just a rediculous amount of money for a completely featureless seat when you can buy top of the line air seats for less and get lumbar support, massage, heat, air suspension, etc....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke