Seat Interchange on '87 Pickup

I have a customer who wants to get rid of the bench seat in his '87 pickup and replace it with buckets. Stock buckets are getting hard to find, but a Craigslist search nets results with seats from Prius to Camry to Sequoia. A lot of these seats are cheap at about $150/pr.

Does anyone know of interchangeability between Toyota buckets? I know I'm shooting in the dark, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

seanpistol

Explorer
I'm sure you know you can make anything fit in anything. Saw a guy with a Tacoma that had wrx sti seats, looked super comfy.

Other than the obvious, I have no helpful input.

gmacmt

Adventurer
Ditto to above. A lot of toyota stuff (especially same gen) will be close, like 3/4 bolts.

iirc, Celtica is the easiest most common swap from the yota cars, but there's a ton of info on yota tech and pirate 4x4

Corbeau makes aftermarket seats (new so not worn out) that will mount to the factory holes.

sjxj

Observer
I think late 80's/early 90's Civic seats are pretty much a direct bolt-in, if not really close. Plus, super comfy.

I knew that Celica/Supra seats fit, but they are geting hard to find and they aren't super cushy.

Civic seats...ok

I would like to sell him on Corbeaus but probably not going to happen.

I figured most Toyota seats of the same era would be similar in bolt pattern, but I'm afraid to run out and pay for a pair of Prius seats to find out that they are too bulky or too tall for the single cab truck.

Here's a pic of the truck...just for kicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior