Seat Covers

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Toyota Seat Covers

Inland Australia is the leading supplier for the Oz automotive industry. They have the contract for all Toyota products in country.

With their dollar being weaker than the US or our Kanuk buks, it is a very good deal. Check their website out as to different materials, styles and colours. They also make custom covers.

Email to Nick Cannella, General Manager and tell them I sent you.

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Did you have a set made for your 74? I was just going to pick up another set of Spector's covers, but would love to see some pics of the final product.

I'm assuming you got the canvas covers?

-H-

BiG BoB

Adventurer
If they're the manufacturer of the "Genuine" Toyota canvas seat covers, they're not the best in the market in my opinion.

Have a look for some Black Duck seat covers, much nicer product (but like a good pair of boots they'll take a little while to wear in)

Sean

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Did you have a set made for your 74? I was just going to pick up another set of Spector's covers, but would love to see some pics of the final product.

I'm assuming you got the canvas covers?

-H-

Yes Andrew, I had a set made for my 73 using a 75 as the pattern. Canvas mid grey and they left Sydney yesterday. Will post up once I get them and on the truck.

I looked at Spector's and the Hawaiian out fit as well as others and none are specifically for the 70 series. I wanted some that would fit properly as I spend a lot of time in the 73 and these will go nicely on a new purchase I am considering (more when the deal goes through, and if it does, then the 73 is up for grabs less a few choice parts)

If they're the manufacturer of the "Genuine" Toyota canvas seat covers, they're not the best in the market in my opinion.

Have a look for some Black Duck seat covers, much nicer product (but like a good pair of boots they'll take a little while to wear in)

Sean

Sean, I think they are the OZ supplier, (Genuine" as per their site), of Toyota seat covers and would like to know more about your thoughts/experience as to why "...they're not the best in the market, IYHO?

Also, I contacted them and they only make the driver and 3/4 bench for the 70 series, rather than two buckets, for ~$350 OZ plus shipping and duty + GST (again) once landing in Kanukistan. They would have to make me a custom set as Inland did and the price is even higher. Inland made mine custom and have the pattern now (Andrew)and were less than 1/2 the price of stock 70 series covers. They also posted them to me as a gift so no duty and GST at this end.

Thanks for the note re their quality, as with most covering items (boots, shoes, gloves, etc.), you are absolutely right they do take time to wear in.

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I can't wait to see how they fit. I was really pleased with the SOR tuff duck covers I got for the Troopy, though.

-H-

BiG BoB

Adventurer
I spend a lot of time in the drilling industry where the majority of light vehicles are Toyotas (Hilux dualcabs, landcruiser traybacks and 105 series wagons). Some of them arive with the genuine toyota covers, others arive without covers and we order them from Black Duck. The black duck covers seem to last longer.

Comparing the genuine toyotas that you've ordered to normal seat covers they're very very good, you don't have anything to worry about, but if you're looking for the ultimate in protection and longevity Black Duck are at the top of the ladder.

CanuckMariner/Nomad

I spend a lot of time in the drilling industry where the majority of light vehicles are Toyotas (Hilux dualcabs, landcruiser traybacks and 105 series wagons). Some of them arive with the genuine toyota covers, others arive without covers and we order them from Black Duck. The black duck covers seem to last longer.

Comparing the genuine toyotas that you've ordered to normal seat covers they're very very good, you don't have anything to worry about, but if you're looking for the ultimate in protection and longevity Black Duck are at the top of the ladder.

Again, they are a fortune (3/4 bench on passenger side for stock seats, mine are buckets both sides) to get some made from a company I have no photos from or experience with. There is no doubt that you like them from your experience. I found and outfit in S.Africa as well that had some that Roseanne Hanson recommended and they could make them for4 me really reasonable but shipping, time and duty and taxes got them over $300 for the pair.

I'll let you know what these are like and how they wear once I get them.

Last edited:

CanuckMariner/Nomad

BiG BoB

Just got this from my friend at Inland regarding Black Duck:

Good evening Jan,

We are the Genuine Accessory supplier of the fabric covers, Black Duck are the supplier of canvas to Toyota. We do however supply Hino and Mitsubishi Trucks Australia with GA canvas covers, along with Western Star Trucks Aust. I have attached an example of these covers for your perusal.

Regards,

Nick Cannella
General Manager
Inland Australia P/L
P: 02 9724 9499
F: 02 9724 9799

Attachments

• Hino 500 Canvas.jpg
    Hino 500 Canvas.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Hino 500 Rear Canvas.jpg
    Hino 500 Rear Canvas.jpg