Seat covers?

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Who is using what when it comes to seat covers? I would like to get some nice seat covers for a 100 series, maybe a tuff canvas or like material.

Thanks

Expedition Leader
I recently put a set of Marathon seat covers on my FJC and am quite happy with them so far. They're made of Cordura nylon; tough and waterproof. Will probably order more for my Cruisers.

http://www.marathonseatcovers.com/
No affiliation except as a satisfied customer.

Box Rocket

They won't be "tailored" fit by any stretch, but I've been using these for 9 months now and they have proven to be very durable for me. Canvas and molle panels on the backs. I chose them mainly because I needed some additional interior storage in my Tacoma. They are the Smittybuilt G.E.A.R covers. The Escape Gear ones are fantastic, but holy cow they are wicked expensive. I couldn't justify that. IMO if you go that way, just save a bit more and do all new leather.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
I like the idea of the storage the smittybuilt ones offer but the fit would bug me too much. The escape gear are nice but the price is high, how hard is the install with the escape gear ones? The marathon ones look interesting but I would want to see a picture of yours 1911 before I went that way.

dcoy

Adventurer
Specter gets good reviews for their "TUFF DUCK" Covers. They're somewhat less pricey than others. TLC 4x4 made custom ones for my '60 that are top notch. I have no idea how much they would cost for a 100 Series though.

Box Rocket

FWIW, the "loose" fit on the GEAR covers is a bit deceiving. Those pics are when they were brand new and still a little stiff. Like I said earlier they aren't an exact fit but they also do not move around. That would drive me nuts and I wouldn't be using them if the didn't stay put or bunched up.

rlynch356

Defyota
+1 on Escape Gear, i have them in the JK and will buy a set for the 200 series when it comes to me (My Wife's rig at present..)
I have a set of Badger Coachworks in my D90 land rover - nice, well done and tough as nails but Cordura material, the Escape Gear canvas list as nice as my Filson brief case.

Jeffrey Patrick

Not sure if you're interested but I purchased a front set for my 4Runner from Sheepskin of Oregon. Good quality/fit. Wanted to spring for a set of canvas fronts from Equip for my 60, but unfortunately they do not offer them so I may get a set of sheepskins for the 60 as well.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Patrick

Wanted the Equip1 canvas for my 60 but they don't offer them. Went with Sheepskin of Oregon for my 4Runner, great quality and fit. For my Tacoma I went with Carthartt seat covers. Great product and fit.

foeix

Likely going in this direction.. had them send a few samples.

One can go through Escape Gear directly for covers. With the dollar holding strong a full set shipped is about $550.

murphy744

Adventurer
Headwaters seat covers here. The owner founded Marathon (already mentioned). Tuff as nails, water proof, custom built to order.

Expedition Leader
The marathon ones look interesting but I would want to see a picture of yours 1911 before I went that way.

I will try and get some cell phone pictures tomorrow during daylight. Have the truck with me for my business on a drilling rig, so it's not clean but you'll get the idea.

Summit Cruisers Jr

I have Wet Okoles. Not sure they are the toughest out there, but really the only ones I liked due to their near factory fit. They are neoprene by the way. I use diving suit shampoo to clean mine up every now and then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles