Seat Covers Recommendations Gen II Monty?

off-roader

Expedition Leader
My only concern with the Cabellas covers is the potential for fading which was noted in one of their reviews...

What happened to these?
June 5, 2013
I first purchased these several years ago in the bench seat version and could not have been happier. Easy to install, good material and loved the pockets in back. I did'nt necessarily like the lacing on the sides but otherwise I was very pleased.
Recently bought them again in bucket version and had a whole different experience!They now fade! Very noticeable discoloration from the sun, plus they stain easily and it doesn't wash out as before. And to top it off some laces ripped out when tightening them up once fitted.
Still for the money they're ok, I just was so disappointed after the good experience I had previously.

plh

Explorer
My only concern with the Cabellas covers is the potential for fading which was noted in one of their reviews...

What happened to these?
June 5, 2013
I first purchased these several years ago in the bench seat version and could not have been happier. Easy to install, good material and loved the pockets in back. I did'nt necessarily like the lacing on the sides but otherwise I was very pleased.
Recently bought them again in bucket version and had a whole different experience!They now fade! Very noticeable discoloration from the sun, plus they stain easily and it doesn't wash out as before. And to top it off some laces ripped out when tightening them up once fitted.
Still for the money they're ok, I just was so disappointed after the good experience I had previously.

I have not had this experience yet. Maybe they changed the supplier since last year. Mine are holding up quite well.

Finally got around to posting this. Here is how my Cabelas Trail gear set turned out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395100819.047405.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395100831.198825.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395100865.857789.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395100877.487737.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395100889.275838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395100909.427532.jpg

There's a little slack in the bucket of back part of seat, but that's expected. I'm satisfied with the outcome for the price. I tucked in behind the side trim panels and made it so the headrests are external. That's the difference I see in my install opposed to others.

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR

Those look really good. How hard was the install? How did you get them around the center arm rest?

Not too difficult. Trial and error. I took the seats out and took my time. The sides separate with Velcro, so it just isn't attached at the pivot point of armrest, but Velcro reattached under armrest and cinched down with draw string.

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR

mapper

Explorer
Looks really great. I am wanting to set mine up like you did with original headrests showing. Did you buy "lowback" seat covers or just install the "high back" covers further down onto the seat (this is the approach I was going to try.

I don't even know if "lowbacks" exist and would be afraid they would loose the pockets on the back but obviously you have all the pockets in place.

Looks really great. I am wanting to set mine up like you did with original headrests showing. Did you buy "lowback" seat covers or just install the "high back" covers further down onto the seat (this is the approach I was going to try.

I don't even know if "lowbacks" exist and would be afraid they would loose the pockets on the back but obviously you have all the pockets in place.

I'm only aware of the one option as far as size for single bucket.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Great job definitely. Will be interesting to see how they fare over time. Hopefully they can handle UV well enough to last more than typical seat covers from the auto parts places. I bought the generic black ones before and they only lasted a year in my old 89 2-door.

Great job definitely. Will be interesting to see how they fare over time. Hopefully they can handle UV well enough to last more than typical seat covers from the auto parts places. I bought the generic black ones before and they only lasted a year in my old 89 2-door.

Yeah, I'm hoping this color holds up a little better than all black. Aloing with some nice window tinting :wings:

tlr

Adventurer
I used cabelas bucket in the front and bench in the rear.IMG_20140316_200848_032.jpgIMG_20140318_201559_652.jpgIMG_20140318_201626_553.jpg
Figment is not to bad. The head rests in the rear are closer together than a full size bench. But no worries it'll work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles