Sears Diehard Platinum Marine 31M $209!

brushogger

Explorer
I've been told since they moved their manufacturing out of the US their quality has dropped and their have been issues with the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wicked 2007

Observer
I've been told since they moved their manufacturing out of the US their quality has dropped and their have been issues with the batteries.

isnt that optima batteries? odyssey are made in US/UK:

"ODYSSEY batteries are manufactured to strict quality standards in two facilities globally: Warrensburg, Missouri USA and Newport, Wales United Kingdom."

http://www.odysseybattery.com/about.html

The sears batteries are made by odyssey, they just private label them for sears.

Wainiha

Explorer
Wicked, what is an NLPP?

I have a Platinum. I don't know where my brain was buying the stock size. I should bought the biggest my pocketbook allowed and crammed it in somewhere.

Sears warranty is great though maybe I can upgrade-again.

Last edited:

Wicked 2007

Observer
Wicked, what is an NLPP?

I have a Platinum. I don't know where my brain was buying the stock size. I should bought the biggest my pocketbook allowed and crammed it in somewhere.

Sears warranty is great though maybe I can upgrade-again.

http://www.nationalluna.com/PPPack.htm

I have a sears/odyssey group 31m in my engine compartment (fits in stock location fine) and a second one in my cab in the NLPP to power my fridge, lights, etc while camping.

Wicked 2007

Observer
Optima is crap.

i agree - since they took manufacturing down to mexico (i think that's where) - quality went to crap. i have had several optimas fail on me - i ended up getting rid of them all for odyssey's and tossing the optimas even though they had warranties left just wasn't worth the headache anymore.

no-pistons

Adventurer
i agree - since they took manufacturing down to mexico (i think that's where) - quality went to crap. i have had several optimas fail on me - i ended up getting rid of them all for odyssey's and tossing the optimas even though they had warranties left just wasn't worth the headache anymore.

Yup. Mine died 4 months after I bought it... On Saline Valley Road in Death Valley of all places.

VisualUniverse

Observer
I thought Optima batteries were solid gold until I started talking with more experienced off-roaders and found out the reputation has tanked. Everyone said "get a Diehard Platinum," so I waited and waited for it to go on sale. Picked it up today and it now sits snug in my 4Runner.

brushogger

Explorer
isnt that optima batteries? odyssey are made in US/UK:

"ODYSSEY batteries are manufactured to strict quality standards in two facilities globally: Warrensburg, Missouri USA and Newport, Wales United Kingdom."

http://www.odysseybattery.com/about.html

The sears batteries are made by odyssey, they just private label them for sears.

I was referring to the optima batteries. The Odyessy's are great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94