Searching for source of fuel injection fusible link, blowing.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Fuel Injection fusible link blowing?
So while this happened a couple times over the last year and a half replacing the fusible link with a new 20amp would fix it.
Today while running errands it blew again. Being about 5 miles from home and not having any links with me I pulled the 30A from rear defroster (yes, I know upping the amp rating is a no no; figured in an emergency I could get away with it) 30A fusible link blew as soon as i turned the key. Waiting for a tow truck to bring it back to my house.
Question time, anyone have this happen and/or point me in the most likely direction for finding the short?

Figure it is either an injector, part of harness, etc.
Previous to this I replaced the crank position sensor, and while I was doing that tested both fuel pump and fuel injection relays to make sure they were working both checked out.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions -Josh

I would start with the electrical volume of the service manual. That would tell you whats behind the fusible link and where to start looking.

bikerjosh

Explorer
@MarkGramlich , do you know where to get the electrical schematic for a 1998 Montero? I have both volumes of of the FSM, but neither have a full electrical schematic. thx

nckwltn

Explorer
Maybe I'm missing something but Chapter/Section 90 the one with the electrical diagrams seems to be missing, reference ends at 80.
Chapter 90 is at the beginning of one of the pdfs and not where is should be

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles