Searched but no luck for Recommended Load Range E tires.

XJINTX

Explorer
I am getting a new HAWK slide-in for my F250. Before getting I think I'll replace my current tires. I currently have BF Goodrich AT's with about 25-30 K on them my rims are 20". I have had no issues with theses tires and plan on replacing with the same just newer model. Want to be able to hit the road right away with no worries.

Does anyone have any pros or cons on these tires or recommend another? Will obviously be on the Highways but a lot of Forest Roads are my plan. THANKS in Advance!

MINO

Adventurer
BFG has 20" KO2 listed in both a 275/65 and 285/65. E-rated. Not sure if they're available yet as some sizes will be available by september.

I've got 33k on my original e-rated KOs. Have thrown all kinds of awful terrain at them (sand, snow, rocks, wet, dry, etc etc.). Very happy with them.

Ramblinman

Observer
I am VERY VERY happy with my Good Year Silent Armour/Adventure. The Kevlar lined sidewalls give me piece of mind. My first condition of buying a tire is not getting a flat.

toymaster

Explorer
I would not get caught up on what load range the tires are. Just make sure the weight rating is what you need. Just for example a large "D" tire can have a higher weight rating than a smaller "E".

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My friend has a line on BFG 315-70-17. He has an '05 Dodge 3500 QCLB CTD with a Callen 1/2 cabover shell on it. These D rated tires are overwhelmed by the weight and leverage of his particular setup. Aired down in Baja he's had two sidewall failures. Riding behind him the tires are bulged way out.
With an F-250 and a nice Hawk on there I'd recommend an E-rated tire. The truck will handle better and be more resistant to flats and perhaps cuts.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
My last set of tires were Goodyear Duratracs, unbeatable tire in winter conditions, and a solid performer all around. In search of a taller tire I installed a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's this time in a 285/75/18. They're 34.8" tall and reasonably narrow, which i like, and I'm very impressed with them. Handle quite well, are quiet and smooooooth. Everyone I have spoken to that has run Nitto tires has had nothing but good things to say, and I can see why already. An interesting note, Nitto seems the only company with enough faith in their tires to offer a mileage warranty on and E rated LT tire. My Terra Grapplers have a 50,000 mile tread life warranty. Pretty certain I'll be taking advantage of that, can't remember every getting more than 30K out of a set of tires on any of my Ram diesels. Got 18K put of the Duratracs. I remember the selection of 20" rim tires being pretty good in the G2 line up so I recommend having a look.

XJINTX

Explorer
I have The Cooper AT3 on my jeep and like them too. I am going to seriously checkout the Nitto Grapplers... look good and I like the warranty if they live up to a 3/4 ton with camper weight. Thanks for the input!

GCecchetto

Adventurer
I have The Cooper AT3 on my jeep and like them too. I am going to seriously checkout the Nitto Grapplers... look good and I like the warranty if they live up to a 3/4 ton with camper weight. Thanks for the input!

I have my camper on presently, leave for Idaho/Montana tomorrow morning to do the Magruder Corridor and Lolo Motorway, and the tires feel great.

Camelfilter

Explorer
I run Nitto Terra Grapplers as well & like them. Same tread pattern as Toyo, but cheaper. The only downside to the Nitto's (if I remember correctly) is that they weigh more than other "E" rated tires. I "think" there is a significant weight difference compared to the same tread Toyo. For us, that could likely be a good thing--ie more or heavier "rubber" = less chance of puncture?

Also, as I think has been mentioned above, "E" tires don't like low pressure as compared to other grades. Stiff sidewall. I have run them bellow 30psi off highway, and they do still give a wide footprint. Just might not be what you used to with other grade tires.

garwhal

Observer
I recently put 265/70r18 KO2 BFG on my wife's 2500 suburban. They are absolutely awesome tires. I owned a tire store for several years and KOs are some of the top tires in production and we rarely had problems (sold about 30k tired a year).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior